YouMail: Visual Voicemail Replacement
By YouMail, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
YouMail is a virtual receptionist that stops robocalls, simplifies conference calls, delights missed callers, and even improves upon your existing visual voicemail and voicemail to text with voicemail to email and more. So far, YouMail has answered over 5 billion calls from half the phones in America!
YouMail is 100% free and works by replacing your existing carrier Visual Voicemail. Its automated virtual receptionist:
- STOPS ROBOCALLERS and TELEMARKETERS from harassing you by playing them a “Number Out of Service” greeting. This takes you off their lists and stops them from calling you from ANY number they use. Truly effortless call blocking - no need to block calls one at a time or use a call blocker.
- Provides truly EFFORTLESS FREE CONFERENCE CALLS. To hold a free conference call, just tell people to call your cell and press 8, and you tap to join. No funny numbers. No pins. Callers are announced by name automatically on entry and exit, without having to record anything, and a conference call summary is automatically emailed at the end.
-DELIGHTS CALLERS by greeting callers by name or customized greeting, responding instantly with an automated TXT/SMS with a link to your digital business card, and automatically collect contact info. Callers that matter no longer feel they’ve fallen into a voicemail black hole!
- Includes an AWARD-WINNING VISUAL VOICEMAIL service. Get a bigger inbox, with messages stored permanently and accessible on any device. Also get voicemail to e-mail, voicemail to text so you can read your voicemail, missed caller id so you always know who called, the ability to forward and reply to voicemail by e-mail to TXT/SMS, and access to a huge selection of free pre-recorded greetings.
Optional features extends the service significantly:
- BUSINESS SMART GREETINGS greet them by name and a fully professional recorded greeting including your full name and business name.
- LIVE CONNECT lets caller press 0 to get connected to your business partner, assistant, or another phone. There’s even more advanced call routing features with full PBX extensions and find-me follow-me functionality.
- Expanded DIGITAL BUSINESS CARDS provide a full mobile landing page to give callers even more information about you and your services.
- CONFERENCE CALL RECORDING provides effortless shareable recordings of all your conference calls, while automatically informing participants the conference calls are being recorded. Plus, any time you want to record a conference call, just have the caller press 8 to enter your conference room.
- PRIVACY GUARD forces blocked or unknown callers to reveal their number to leave you messages.
- EXTRA LINE is a second phone number you can give out that comes complete, which provides free phone calls and texting.
- AUTO-FORWARDING automatically copies messages to others under the conditions you specify.
This is a MUST-HAVE service for small business professionals who rely on their phone for new business. Let YouMail help manage your calls while you focus on talking to customers and prospects.
Try YouMail’s free automated virtual receptionist today. It now works on your iPhone and your iPad!
• NOT COMPATIBLE with some prepaid mobile plans.
• COMPATIBLE with: AT&T voicemail, Sprint voicemail, T-Mobile voicemail, Verizon voicemail and many more!
• Sign up for FREE to see if YouMail works with your carrier.
• Only works with carriers in the US and Canada.
• To use YouMail, you must forward missed calls to YouMail with carrier-specific forwarding codes.
• If YouMail doesn’t fit your needs, deactivate forwarding BEFORE you delete the app, otherwise your voicemail will NOT be re-routed back to your carrier.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. YouMail runs GPS in the background to enable you to see your location at the time you missed a call. This feature is not enabled unless you grant permission.
What's New in Version 4.3.50
- Phone no longer rings when any confirmed or suspected spammer calls (if block permission on)
- Much more timely updates of YouMail's system blacklist
- Call history extended to be alternate to message list for playing/reading voicemails
- YouMail Professional users can now call/text on their extra lines, and see better line identification
- Too many performance improvements and bug fixes to count
Great concept, mediocre execution
I've been a paid YouMail user for more than 6 years. Since iOS 10 the app has gone downhill. Blocking calls works ok; not sure it's better or worse that dedicated services. Premium support is a joke. Reps are very uneven, some great some not. But I've had a problem ticket open for months with no response. The app can't seem verify voicemail activation, even though YouMail works for me -- broken since Sep 2016. The app UI looks like a web page and is clunky. No significant improvement in 12 months.
App Works Well For Me
I think I've had this app for about five years and it has worked very well for me. This app is what I was looking for and has worked for me the way I expected. I like the fact that I can personalize my contacts and let each individual receive an acknowledgment by their first name if I'm not available. I haven't used the conference call yet but I'm going to. This app may not work for everyone but it works for me.
I love this app. I had issues with my carrier's voicemail. I could only get voicemail notifications if I had data on. I love it that Youmail works on Wi-Fi. What many people may not know is that you can access your Youmail voicemail the
traditional way by calling in when you miss a call. This way you do not have to use data even when you're
away from Wi-Fi.