YouMail: Visual Voicemail Replacement
By YouMail, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
YouMail is a free Intelligent Call Manager that stops robocalls, simplifies conference calls, delights missed callers with a full-blown virtual receptionist, and even improves upon your existing visual voicemail and voicemail to text with voicemail to email and more. So far, YouMail has answered over 5 billion calls from half the phones in America!
YouMail is 100% free and works by replacing your existing carrier Visual Voicemail. It:
- STOPS ROBOCALLERS and TELEMARKETERS from harassing you by playing them a “Number Out of Service” greeting. This takes you off their lists and stops them from calling you from ANY number they use. Truly effort less call blocking - no need to block calls one at a time or use a call blocker.
- Provides truly EFFORTLESS FREE CONFERENCE CALLS. To hold a free conference call, just tell people to call your cell and press 8, and you tap to join. No funny numbers. No pins. Callers are announced by name automatically on entry and exit, without having to record anything, and a conference call summary is automatically emailed at the end.
- Includes an AUTOMATED VIRTUAL RECEPTIONIST that greets callers by name or customized greeting, can respond instantly with an automated TXT/SMS with a link to your digital business card, and can automatically collect their contact info. Callers that matter no longer feel they’ve fallen into a voicemail black hole!
- Includes an AWARD-WINNING VISUAL VOICEMAIL service. Get a bigger inbox, with messages stored permanently and accessible on any device. Also get voicemail to e-mail, voicemail to text so you can read your voicemail, missed caller id so you always know who called, the ability to forward and reply to voicemail by e-mail to TXT/SMS, and access to a huge selection of free pre-recorded greetings.
Optional features extends the service significantly:
- BUSINESS SMART GREETINGS greet them by name and a fully professional recorded greeting including your full name and business name.
- LIVE CONNECT lets caller press 0 to get connected to your business partner, assistant, or another phone. There’s even more advanced call routing features with full PBX extensions and find-me follow-me functionality.
- Expanded DIGITAL BUSINESS CARDS provide a full mobile landing page to give callers even more information about you and your services.
- CONFERENCE CALL RECORDING provides effortless shareable recordings of all your conference calls, while automatically informing participants the conference calls are being recorded. Plus, any time you want to record a conference call, just have the caller press 8 to enter your conference room.
- PRIVACY GUARD forces blocked or unknown callers to reveal their number to leave you messages.
- EXTRA LINE is a second phone number you can give out to protect your privacy.
- AUTO-FORWARDING automatically copies messages to others under the conditions you specify.
This is a MUST-HAVE service for small business professionals who rely on their phone for new business. Let YouMail help manage your calls while you focus on talking to customers and prospects.
Try YouMail’s free Intelligent Call Manager today. It now works on your iPhone and your iPad!
• NOT COMPATIBLE with some prepaid mobile plans.
• COMPATIBLE with: AT&T voicemail, Sprint voicemail, T-Mobile voicemail, Verizon voicemail and many more!
• Sign up for FREE to see if YouMail works with your carrier.
• Only works with carriers in the US and Canada.
• To use YouMail, you must forward missed calls to YouMail with carrier-specific forwarding codes.
• If YouMail doesn’t fit your needs, deactivate forwarding BEFORE you delete the app, otherwise your voicemail will NOT be re-routed back to your carrier.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. YouMail runs GPS in the background to enable you to see your location at the time you missed a call. This feature is not enabled unless you grant permission.
What's New in Version 4.2.42
• Compatible with iOS 10.3
• Better Call Blocking now blocks known scam and robo callers instantly (iOS 10.1+)
• It is now easier to Blacklist unwanted callers and report new threats to the community
• Big beautiful iPad layout in portrait mode
• Dynamic text size makes for easy reading of messages and options
• Improved support experience means you'll get help faster if you need it
Bug in the YouMail app
To the Developers,
I have enjoyed using Youmail for
many years. Recently I discovered that my contacts were not being synced correctly with the youmail app. It took me quite a while to figure out what was going wrong but here is my summation. Like most people my age, when you meet someone new you send them a text or they send you one and then you save the number from the iMessage interface to create a new contact. Well I've discovered that when you do that it saves the type of phone as "phone". More precisely If anyone adds a new contact through the contacts submenu in their Phone App they have the option to specify what type of phone number it is that they are saving, e.g. Home, cell, phone, work etc. I guess "phone" is automatically selected when anyone creates a new contact from within their iMessage app. So when "phone" is specified, what happens is that the contact's NAME will be imported/synced into my YouMail contacts BUT THEIR PHONE NUMBER WILL NOT. Through trail end error I have discovered that if I change the type of phone number from "phone" to "home" or any of the other choices from the drop down list it will then, and only then, import the phone number in addition to the contact name. Please fix this bug. Thank you.
Needs more functionality…
Conceptually the app is very handy. However, the functionality within the app is clumsy and difficult for the user. For example blacklisting a number should not be such a difficult task as it is. Play back should be quick and efficient. skipping around from saved message to saved message should be quicker and easier for the user. Finding and assigning new and creative greetings should be more robust it is even laborious to review or screen the various greetings that are available. Like I said it's a great concept I hope improvements can be made to take this concept to the next level.
Still get calls from blacklist
I have been getting slammed with these calls and I got the plus plan and it's been working ok. I still get calls from the blacklist and sometimes 4 in a row and it pisses me off!!! I have tried to contact YouMail by phone, hence I am paying, and I get a generic email about how they feel bad and are working to correct the problem and I get no call back. I tried twice about the same issue months apart. I'm getting rid of this and putting my iPhone setting to "Do Not Disturb" and allow calls from contacts only. Another thing... Why are my contacts mixed with the blacklist????? Guess I'll never find out