The SCORE/ Youngstown Farmers' Market project and APP was made possible through a 2016 $5,000 competitive grant offered by SCORE National. SCORE/ Youngstown was one of 65 recipients chosen among over 220 proposals.
The goals of this APP and the programs offered within this initiative are aimed at:
1) Raising community awareness about the benefits of purchasing locally produced foods, health-wise and economically.
2) Providing small business assistance and mentorship to local rural and inner city urban food growers, cottage industry food producers, and related artisan craft persons.
3) Offering a variety of small business classes geared towards helping Farmers' Market entrepreneurs reach their desired business goals.
4) Promoting SCORE/Youngstown's mission of small business mentorship through community involvement and outreach.
Farmers' Markets are one of the oldest forms of direct marketing by small farms, and the current growth of the Farm-to-Table Movement is spawning a new generation of small business rural and inner-city urban farmers. SCORE/Youngstown is thrilled to be a part of this movement.
- Robert Thompson
- 19.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © SCORE Youngstown
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.