By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official YouTube Kids app is designed for curious little minds to dive into a world of discovery, learning and entertainment. This is a delightfully simple (and free!) app, where kids can discover videos, channels and playlists they love.
We work hard to offer a safer YouTube experience, but no automated system is perfect. If you ever find a video you’re concerned about, please flag it. This helps make YouTube Kids better for everyone. For more important notes about the app, please see below.
*** Please note that the YouTube Kids app is only available in the US, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Spain, Canada excluding Quebec, Chile, Peru, Russia, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Singapore, and France. YouTube Kids is available with YouTube Red in the US, Australia and New Zealand. For more information about app availability, please read our Parental Guide.***
DESIGNED FOR KIDS
To make exploration easy, videos in the app are split into four categories: Shows, Music, Learning and Explore. We also took out the complicated stuff to make an app even little ones can navigate -- that means big buttons, easy scrolling, and instant full-screen. And when the whole family wants to enjoy their favorite videos together, everyone can watch on the big screen with Chromecast, Apple TV, game consoles, or smart TVs.
VIDEOS KIDS WILL LOVE
Kids can enjoy favorites like Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends and Talking Tom, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu and Stampylonghead, plus anything else they’re into -- sports, animals, gaming, crafts and more.
GROWN-UPS ARE IN CONTROL
We know that every family is different, so we’ve included features that let grown-ups tailor the YouTube Kids experience to their family’s needs. Settings are found behind a grown-ups-only lock where you can turn off search for a more restricted experience or set a built-in timer to let kids know when it’s time to stop watching so you don’t have to.
For more information about the app and settings, please read our Parental Guide.
GET YOUTUBE RED AND MAKE SHOW TIME EVEN BETTER
Use YouTube Kids with YouTube Red and let your kids learn and laugh with their favorite characters without paid ads. And with offline videos you’ll always have videos when you need them – whether you’re in the car or on grandma’s couch.
To get started, all parents need is the YouTube Kids app and a YouTube Red membership. Then, just sign in to your YouTube Red account from the parental controls section of the YouTube Kids app and follow a few simple steps. Parents can Try YouTube Red one month free at: www.youtube.com/red/kids
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE APP
- Parental setup is needed to ensure the best experience possible for your child.
- YouTube Kids contains paid ads in order to offer the app for free. Your child may also see videos with commercial content from YouTube creators that are not paid ads. For more information, please check out our Parental Guide.
- Videos in the app are selected by our automated systems. Please note, no system is perfect, and it is possible that your child may find something you don’t want them to watch. If your child finds a video that you feel is inappropriate, please flag the video and it will be reviewed as soon as possible.
- You can restrict your child’s experience by turning search off in the set-up flow or by accessing the settings behind the “grown-ups only” lock. This means your child can’t search for content, which reduces the chances that they will encounter a video you don’t want them to watch.
- Whether search is on or off, the app will recommend videos selected by our automated systems from the broad set of videos accessible in YouTube Kids.
What's New in Version 2.03.3
General fixes to YouTube Kids.
Good app with supervision
As with anything else online, young children still need some supervision. For the most part this app has recommended age appropriate videos for my child but I have blocked one video so far. I do not think a preschool age child should be watching a video where it appears a child around the same age is driving a real vehicle on real roads by their self to take their baby doll to the dr... This makes it look like it's ok to hop in a real car and drive off while playing. It would've been fine if it showed the child getting in their toy car and driving around their yard, but not driving on real roads in a real car like an adult. I do recommend this app, but please beware and watch every video with your child until you have weeded out the videos that you personally feel are inappropriate for your child.
Ok ok, this app is fine but, has a few MAJOR problems. First off, content. I am a huge Nintendo fan but cannot find the Nintendo Switch presentation trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or any gameplay video from the before mentioned series. I understand it is mildly violent sometimes but no where near other games such as Terreria and Five Nights at Freddy's. There are PLENTY of Terreria let's plays and FNAF toy un boxings on there. So either include The Legend of Zelda or take off Terreria and FNAF . Second, the "explore" section. Last time I looked it was full of left leaning videos. I don't care if the content is conservative or liberal, videos with a political slant have no place on an app designed for learning. Our nation is divided as it is and we don't need google making matters worse. Third, add a way to block videos without an account. I hope my review was helpful,
Link's best friend.
I like this app for the most part. But I have been battling the RABBIDS videos. I have blocked many of the rabbids videos, because my son watches them and immitates the rabbids (which for his mother and myself is very annoying). After blocking, I don't even know how many because the app doesn't let me see what I have blocked or how many. It started giving me the following "Error. Please try again" And I can't seem to block any more of these videos. Please fix this or I will be force to delete the app and simply seek out another form of entertainment for my son.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 26, 2017
- Version: 2.03.3
- Size: 114 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.