By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official YouTube Kids app is designed for curious little minds to dive into a world of discovery, learning and entertainment. This is a delightfully simple (and free!) app, where kids can discover videos, channels and playlists they love.
We work hard to offer a safer YouTube experience, but no automated system is perfect. If you ever find a video you’re concerned about, please flag it. This helps make YouTube Kids better for everyone. For more important notes about the app, please see below.
*** Please note that the YouTube Kids app is only available in the US, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Spain, Canada excluding Quebec, Chile, Peru, Russia, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Singapore, and France. YouTube Kids is available with YouTube Red in the US, Australia and New Zealand. For more information about app availability, please read our Parental Guide.***
DESIGNED FOR KIDS
To make exploration easy, videos in the app are split into four categories: Shows, Music, Learning and Explore. We also took out the complicated stuff to make an app even little ones can navigate -- that means big buttons, easy scrolling, and instant full-screen. And when the whole family wants to enjoy their favorite videos together, everyone can watch on the big screen with Chromecast, Apple TV, game consoles, or smart TVs.
VIDEOS KIDS WILL LOVE
Kids can enjoy favorites like Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends and Talking Tom, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu and Stampylonghead, plus anything else they’re into -- sports, animals, gaming, crafts and more.
GROWN-UPS ARE IN CONTROL
We know that every family is different, so we’ve included features that let grown-ups tailor the YouTube Kids experience to their family’s needs. Settings are found behind a grown-ups-only lock where you can turn off search for a more restricted experience or set a built-in timer to let kids know when it’s time to stop watching so you don’t have to.
For more information about the app and settings, please read our Parental Guide.
GET YOUTUBE RED AND MAKE SHOW TIME EVEN BETTER
Use YouTube Kids with YouTube Red and let your kids learn and laugh with their favorite characters without paid ads. And with offline videos you’ll always have videos when you need them – whether you’re in the car or on grandma’s couch.
To get started, all parents need is the YouTube Kids app and a YouTube Red membership. Then, just sign in to your YouTube Red account from the parental controls section of the YouTube Kids app and follow a few simple steps.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE APP
- Parental setup is needed to ensure the best experience possible for your child.
- YouTube Kids contains paid ads in order to offer the app for free. Your child may also see videos with commercial content from YouTube creators that are not paid ads. For more information, please check out our Parental Guide.
- Videos in the app are selected by our automated systems. Please note, no system is perfect, and it is possible that your child may find something you don’t want them to watch. If your child finds a video that you feel is inappropriate, please flag the video and it will be reviewed as soon as possible.
- You can restrict your child’s experience by turning search off in the set-up flow or by accessing the settings behind the “grown-ups only” lock. This means your child can’t search for content, which reduces the chances that they will encounter a video you don’t want them to watch.
- Whether search is on or off, the app will recommend videos selected by our automated systems from the broad set of videos accessible in YouTube Kids.
What's New in Version 2.34.7
General fixes to YouTube Kids.
This is a great update
*Edit* I just found the ability to block a channel from the video. Maybe it was always there, maybe not. Happy to find this either way.
I think most every parent has wanted the ability to block videos or channels. Well done and thank you.
My only pieces of feedback are that we should be able to block a channel from a video rather than having to search for the channel and then block it. Also, it would be nice to be able to unblock at the channel/station level rather than "unblock all".
I am 13 playing this...
I am literally 13 years old, and I am concerned for younger kids. I watch this for the Minecraft videos, but I couldn't help but watch Barbie or Jojo Siwa (love that you have her on here). It's cool and all, but if parents have the "search" option on, kids get access to tons of stuff. It's all great, but some of the videos specially have the "G" word. Nothing else, but still, I want kids to be safe. I agree that it is awesome that the parental controls are in this app. But just make sure that channels with nothing bad are on here. Thanks for your time! (PS- I strongly disagree with the other reviews. Perfect for kids, in my eyes.)
Finally I can block channels and videos I find inappropriate! That’s all I ever asked for and I would give this app 10 stars if I could. My 3 year old learns so much from the huge variety of videos on this app, and now that I don’t have to monitor him every second to make sure he’s watching something appropriate, it’s become so much easier for me to let him watch while I do some quick chores. Honestly, thank you, this app is fantastic!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 29, 2017
- Version: 2.34.7
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.