Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND. PLUS, ACCESS TO ALL YOUTUBE ORIGINALS.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
- Discover original series and movies from today's hottest talent
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Bug fixes, stability improvements, repairs to time-space continuum, etc. etc.
Ratings and Reviews
Two bugs you really need to fix (sorry for this being WAY to long)
Alright, I'm giving this four stars I would've put five but these two bugs have bin going on for awhile and it's annoying me.
1.when I'm watching I video I want to get out of full screen and all of a sudden it switches me back into full screen and it wouldn't let me leave it this has been going far to long and it's getting annoying
2.Now this one hasn't been going for a long time but this is getting in my nerves when I type a comment on a video and then I think to myself *nah I shouldn't type that* so I tap the screen to get out of the comment and it shows the keyboard this is confusing the way I'm typing this but let me explain for people reading, for iPhones, iPads and tablets you have to tap on your screen to get out of your comment but of course people may have done that by mistake and then they have to type it all again so it tells *do you want discard your comment or keep typing* simple but NOW when I want to get out of the comment the thing shows BUT MY KEYBOARD DOESNT DISAPPEAR AMD IT BLOCKS THE *do you want to discard the comment or keep typing* SO THEM I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE APP SO I CAN WATCH A DIFFERENT VIDEO THIS IS SUPER ANNOYING
Form over function
This app looks great. This app is not very useful at times and has a number of critical functionality issues and bugs that need to be addressed. Two of which affect my experience with the app extremely adversely.
When viewing a playlist and scrolling through recommended videos, the scroll function will freeze and force you to either select a certain video and then go back to the video you were on or minimize your current video and then being it back up, to re-enable scrolling.
When saving videos to a playlist, outside of another existing playlist, the app will automatically add the video to the last playlist that you added a video to, which includes the “watch later” playlist, and will require users to wait for a delayed prompt to manually reassign the video to a different playlist. The function of manually reassigning videos may occasionally fail to work correctly and require the user to remove the video from its “saved” state and save it again and attempt to reassign the video with the same prompt that had just failed to work.
These are two of many glaring functionality issues with the app that users will not encounter when viewing on a normal computer. These obvious glaring issues, among others, could have been addressed long ago and could have been easily avoided with even a small QA team that had been given half competent directions.
What’s Going On?
I don’t know if my phone hasn’t updated it until now or if this is just now happening but when I click to listen to my music playlist it shows the videos in the order they’re usually in when not on shuffle like it used to. But when I click the shuffle button to start it shows the order that it’s shuffled so that I know what the next song will be. There’s no problem with that but the irritating part is that when I find the song I want to listen to and turn the shuffle off, it doesn’t revert back to playing in order like it used to. It continues to play that song and then play the next song on the shuffle list, not on the next song that would normally play if it wasn’t on shuffle.
Now, I don’t mind listening to my music on shuffle, that’s the whole point of shuffle, but I have a rather large playlist for songs and sometimes I’m looking for a specific group of songs that are next to each other in the playlist. Because of my having a large playlist, I used the shuffle feature to find the songs I want and then turn the shuffle off to listen in the normal order rather than scrolling through hundreds of songs to find the right ones. The feature of it reverting back after clicking to turn the shuffle off is helpful when I’m looking for specific songs but it’s hard to do that now that shuffle no longer does that.
- Google LLC
- 234.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.