Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND. PLUS, ACCESS TO ALL YOUTUBE ORIGINALS.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
- Discover original series and movies from today's hottest talent
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Bug fixes, stability improvements, repairs to time-space continuum, etc. etc.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but needs a lot of improvements
I use this app all the time and for the most part it works really well! The videos load up fairly quickly and they can be watched without any trouble when watching in a high resolution. And in its simplest form, that’s it! It works well! However, there are some bugs and some flaws that need to be fixed. While the videos are watchable, at times it will freeze and the app will just crash. This can get really annoying when you’re watching something and then all of a sudden it just crashes on you. Thankfully, once you head back into the app, it will let you start off from where you were. But there is one last flaw that really should be fixed, connecting to the TV. While videos do work well on the TV, half of the time I’ll be watching a video, and then all of a sudden I may accidentally tap the icon to connect to the TV and then it will just connect. You can exit out of it, but sometimes I won’t notice and it will connect to my TV without me even knowing. And I feel like when you tap on the icon, it should say “Are you sure that you want to connect to this TV?” And then you could either tap Yes or No, instead of it just automatically connecting with very little time to cancel the operation. Other than these though, the app isn’t all that bad and I would recommend it, as long as the flaws don’t mess with your time watching videos, then it is a passable app.
Two bugs you really need to fix (sorry for this being WAY to long)
Alright, I'm giving this four stars I would've put five but these two bugs have bin going on for awhile and it's annoying me.
1.when I'm watching I video I want to get out of full screen and all of a sudden it switches me back into full screen and it wouldn't let me leave it this has been going far to long and it's getting annoying
2.Now this one hasn't been going for a long time but this is getting in my nerves when I type a comment on a video and then I think to myself *nah I shouldn't type that* so I tap the screen to get out of the comment and it shows the keyboard this is confusing the way I'm typing this but let me explain for people reading, for iPhones, iPads and tablets you have to tap on your screen to get out of your comment but of course people may have done that by mistake and then they have to type it all again so it tells *do you want discard your comment or keep typing* simple but NOW when I want to get out of the comment the thing shows BUT MY KEYBOARD DOESNT DISAPPEAR AMD IT BLOCKS THE *do you want to discard the comment or keep typing* SO THEM I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE APP SO I CAN WATCH A DIFFERENT VIDEO THIS IS SUPER ANNOYING
What’s Going On?
I don’t know if my phone hasn’t updated it until now or if this is just now happening but when I click to listen to my music playlist it shows the videos in the order they’re usually in when not on shuffle like it used to. But when I click the shuffle button to start it shows the order that it’s shuffled so that I know what the next song will be. There’s no problem with that but the irritating part is that when I find the song I want to listen to and turn the shuffle off, it doesn’t revert back to playing in order like it used to. It continues to play that song and then play the next song on the shuffle list, not on the next song that would normally play if it wasn’t on shuffle.
Now, I don’t mind listening to my music on shuffle, that’s the whole point of shuffle, but I have a rather large playlist for songs and sometimes I’m looking for a specific group of songs that are next to each other in the playlist. Because of my having a large playlist, I used the shuffle feature to find the songs I want and then turn the shuffle off to listen in the normal order rather than scrolling through hundreds of songs to find the right ones. The feature of it reverting back after clicking to turn the shuffle off is helpful when I’m looking for specific songs but it’s hard to do that now that shuffle no longer does that.
- Google, Inc.
- 229.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.