By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad. Catch up with your favorite channels, enjoy the world’s largest music collection, and share easily with friends. Watch the latest videos and playlists on the couch or on the go.
YouTube, your way
* Discover videos and channels with recommendations just for you
* Cast videos from your phone to Chromecast, other connected TV devices, and game consoles
* Use playlists to save, organize, and share your favorite tracks
Enjoy endless music
* Find songs you love on your new personalized music homepage
* Launch a YouTube Mix, an infinite playlist of songs with unlimited skips
* Explore the world’s music in YouTube’s massive music catalog
What's New in Version 10.35.11705
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
1. Scrolling through subscribed channels means going horizontally, which is the shortest side of the phone. Can't see as many in one view unless you click the one tab to open them up in a whole new screen. This is less intuitive, not as convenient as the old way, and an ugly design.
2. User account gets its own page? I don't upload videos like thousands of other users, and this page is a waste. The only thing useful on there is the subscribed playlists. Wait, why is that in my account and not with the other subscriptions? Doesn't make any sense.
3. In the old version you could swipe to the right and pull out a menu/list of everything you need, like all your subscriptions and playlists and settings, and you could scroll through this, while the main focus of the app was on still the videos. It was nice and it felt like an advanced feature that more apps started adopting, seemingly after you introduced it (Facebook for example? Maybe? Can't remember exactly) but it seemed like you had something cool that worked really well, and it was intuitive and quick to use. Now everything takes more steps just to browse and easily see the videos I'm interested in.
This needs to be fixed desperately
There are so many problems with this app it's unreal. First of all over half the time the videos won't even load. This is an entertainment application meant for watching videos so why cant you guys even do what this app is meant for. Second of all you guys keep changing the layout of the app so frequently it is literally impossible for anyone to get used to it. If you guys want to change the layout that's fine but wait at least 6 months to do so. Also half the time the layout glitches making it to where you can't search for another video unless you close out the entire app. The next problem not only I have but many people have is that it kicks you out of the app at least every 10 minutes. There are so many more problems with this app that I can't name them all in one review. These are just the most major ones that I have to deal with. These problem need to be dealt with as soon as possible. If you guys would actually take notice upon this you'd find that actually fixing these issues would not result in getting so much backlash.
The mainproblem with this app is the user interface. It is very buggy and glitchy. Bringing videos up and down and swiping it away is a hassle because it doesn't respond and when it does it buffers in the animations. Scrubbing through the video is very laggy as well. It never goes to where u want it. The rotation to landscape is the worst. It'll take at least five seconds to do it, then it'll go back to portrait for a few seconds. Then finally settle in landscape. And if u want to switch to the other side quickly, you can't because it'll just stay where it is. Unless you hold it portrait style for a few seconds then the other landscape view. This app is not good to use. The features and content are fine. I do miss music tab. But what good is any of it if you can't use it without it lagging and crashing? I see these updates saying improved stability but nothing changes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 10.35.11705
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Music Key$12.99