After a hard fight to recover the six sacred books in Ys Chronicles I, Adol is back for a sequel!
Ys II -- also known as Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished – The Final Chapter -- is an action-packed, heroic fantasy JRPG game that immerses you in a beautiful Japanese artistic universe. After defeating Dark Fakt, you (as Adol) must continue your quest to unravel the island’s secrets. Use your sword skills, wield new weapons, and for the first time discover magic to free the legendary city of Ys from evil. With your unfailing determination, you must restore hope to a land besieged by demons and weakened by despair!
Featuring an epic, enchanting soundtrack, a rich, poetic atmosphere with beautiful artistic direction, and a deep story, Ys II uses the same “BUMP” system as its predecessor, requiring you to attack enemies by pouncing on them. This fighting style equates to more intuitive, more dynamic touch gameplay!
• Easy-to-master gameplay
• Hint system
• Choose between three soundtracks: Chronicles, Original, and PC-88
• Two game modes: Adventure and Time Attack
• Two graphics modes (available in Adventure mode only): Chronicles and Original
• Four difficulty levels
• HD Menus
• Virtual Pad and joystick support
• New artifacts, weapons, and armor
• Numerous spells to defeat your enemies with
• No ads, no in-app purchase, no hidden costs! Enjoy the full content!
Continue your adventure in the Ys universe with this epic sequel to the godfather of all Japanese action-RPGs! Enjoy this mobile version anywhere, anytime -- no Internet connection required!
- Fix hint system issue
- Various fixes in French localisation
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect port of the DS version
I've played the Nintendo DS version of the Ys I/II Chronicles, and this is a faithful port of that amazing version. Beautiful graphics and sound (although I prefer the TurboGrafx-16 music over any other version, sad that it was not available as a music option) and lots of fun to play again.
If I could change one thing, it would be to add a FIXED gamepad on the screen. They do have the option for a "fixed pad" but it can be anywhere on the screen. Too much freedom in that has led me to trouble many times, and I know I'm not the only one who had this comment.
Otherwise, brilliant game and I hope they bring some of the other Ys games to iOS! Well done. 😊
Sound problem report
There is sound problem on iPad Pro 2, iOS 11.2.6
I can’t hear anything on Game.
A great game and the fact they brought it to IOS makes it even better.
- 466.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Nihon Falcom Corporation. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.