YWCA Safety Alert
By Young Women's Christian Association of Singapore
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The YWCA Safety Alert App is designed to enhance the safety of young women at any time and anywhere.
- In the Safety Alert page, a simple tap on the alert button or a shake of the phone in an emergency situation activates an alarm which gives off a loud shrilling sound to attract the attention of passer-bys within the vicinity.
- When the safety alert is activated, a discrete distress email message will be sent to your pre-set list of emergency contacts, and a notification will be sent to fellow users in the vicinity around you. Your iPhone's GPS will record down your approximate location, and this will be shown as part of the distress email and notification message. You can also choose to make an emergency call to that one selected contact.
- Use the Time-table function to manage your daily schedule and to-do list of tasks.
- Go to the Home page to get regularly updated with the latest quizzes and articles from YWCA's notebook publication.
- There is also a section on available helplines in Singapore if you need to seek advice and counselling on various issues.
Note: Some features such as Safety Alert and Home require users to be connected to a wireless network for full functionality.
Visit YWCA Singapore at http://www.ywca.org.sg for more information about the organization.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
1) Added new settings to Safety Alert function
- choose whether to Send Notification when Safety Alert button is activated
- choose whether to Receive Notification from other users in distress
- choose whether to enable shake to activate the Safety Alert
2) Compulsory to include email addresses for the people to notify in the notification list
3) Improvements to the user interface to make the functions more comprehensible
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 17, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Young Women's Christian Association of Singapore
- © 2012 Young Women's Christian Association of Singapore
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).