Zabihah brings the world's largest and most comprehensive halal restaurant database to your iPhone. With it, Muslims and others can immediately locate halal restaurants, mosques, and markets in their area. Zabihah was one of the first apps on the iPhone and has been on mobile devices since the late 1990's!
Made by the creators of the original Halal restaurant guide, Zabihah lets you find special offers from halal restaurants near you. Over 2,500 halal restaurants around the world have partnered with Zabihah to offer special deals - simply flash the coupon on the app at the counter for instant savings!
With Zabihah, you can review restaurant details, halal authenticity and certification, hours, price and rating, prayer accommodations, and more. Once you've selected a destination, you can write reviews, edit records, find directions, share listings with a friend, and contact the restaurant.
Zabihah features over 150,000 user reviews of over 40,000 restaurants, markets, and mosques, submitted since 1998 by tens of thousands of loyal users. And hundreds of new listings and reviews are contributed each week.
Works in North America, UK/Ireland and Europe, Australia & New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Africa and many other places around the world.
So many sins to atone for. Hopefully this build will help. 3.1 has so many sought-after changes that it could have been a 4.0, but we decided to make it a point release to keep us humble.
FEATURES BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD:
- Use as guest (i.e. you don't have to log in to search for restaurants); however, you still need to log in to make reviews and save favorites
- Select a location other than your current one, anywhere in the world (use the pin icon in the upper right corner); includes trending restaurants at that location.
- Reports distances in kilometers outside the US (we're working on getting America on board the metric bandwagon, but it will take some time)
- Contact us by email (please be nice, we're trying to do a good job)
NASTY BUGS FIXED:
- Registration/login crashes fixed
- Fixed issues with certain records stopping the feed due to malformed content
- Fixed annoying situations where the keyboard won't go away no matter how hard you shake the phone
- Connect an existing account to Facebook to import your photo (it's nice to put a face to a name)
- Choose a map when fetching directions (Google Maps or Apple Maps)
Pray for us.
Ratings and Reviews
A great and needed update, but...
A great and needed updated, but 2 issues I have with it:
1) In the old app, you could adjust how many milage (example: 5, 10, 20, 50 miles) you were from a location. Now that it has been removed for the app, I wish you will bring it back.
2) Also in the old app, you were able to type in a city and it would show you the halal restaurants of the city (regardless of your current location). Now there's no way to see that.
Other than that, I like how much cleaner the pages are and how the app even has a trending and favorite section now.
Developer Response ,
Have you checked the app lately? Your issues are fixed in version 3.1 and we'd appreciate another review.
Not a trustable source for Halal foods
Attention Halal Eaters! This app can’t be trusted as of now because whenever I use it takes me to a grocery and or a restaurant that does serve or sell halal foods. That’s is disgusting!
Developers! I received your email. Still there is no option/setting to exclude non-halal from the search. Please add this feature (I’m not sure if I need to be logged in in order to be able the exclusion setting) I WILL GIVE YOU 5* AFTER YOU MAKE THIS FEATURE READILY AVAILABLE. MAY ALLAAH REWARD YOU
Attention Developers: this is a great idea but the app is not doing what it was suppose to do (To show just halal foods). Please remove the non-Halal sources from your halal database. May Allaah grant you JANNAH “paradise” if you do that.
Developer Response ,
Salam - you can set the app to not show you restaurants that serve alcohol or that have non-halal options
Great progress alhamdulilah
ASA, great update, especially the current dot release! When non-Muslims ask me where to eat for halal, or fresh halal markets, I recommend them to use “Muslim Yelp” - Zabihah! :) I would LOVE to see filtered views that apply to list/map. In particular, an “Open Now” filter is very helpful. I’m the current release, I have to click into each individual listing and see hours. Very inconvenient..
Developer Response ,
The next point release, coming soon, will have those features - thank you for your input!
- Zabihah LLC
- 35.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Halalfire Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.