Meet Zen Timer - the gorgeous Focus Timer that really works.
While you work or study, Zen Timer uses fractal math to generate a unique new tree every time. Watch your tree mature slowly, growing leaves and getting bigger as the period progresses. When the period ends, the leaves gracefully fall to the ground, signifying that it is time to take a break.
Using Zen Timer helps you get into the zone: The timer is organic, not mechanical. It does not distract you and it is beautiful to look at, at any stage. You can use Zen Timer in windowed mode or as a windowless application directly on your desktop. It is completely customizable, so you can set colors and sizes to fit any desktop design. Most importantly, the way it is designed and the way it works helps you relax, allowing you to work better and do more.
Count your Time boxes with style!
- Organic, fractal, each-time-unique focus timer.
- Fully customizable.
- Easy to set, not distracting to use.
- Beautiful to look at.
- Windowed and windowless modes available.
- Beautiful statistics: each unique tree is visible on your Progress report.
This is just the beginning. We have plans to periodically update Zen Timer with various new designs, all inspired by nature. iPhone and iPad applications are also in the works. With your support, we plan to keep Zen Timer always fresh and beautiful, across all platforms.
If you have any questions or want to share your feedback, just drop us a tweet: @SmartCodeHQ. For other inquiries or suggestions, we also provide fast, personal support via email - use the Support link here on the Mac App Store to contact us!
- Improved math.
- Other smaller fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Cute concept, poor execution
I love the tree and being able to pick colors and watching grow, BUT there are some HUGE issues:
(1) once a timer is finished, the leaves fall and the app bugs out and shuts down in error. I then get an error message confirming that the app shut down in error. This is a very flawed app in that regard.
My other 2 comments are more convenience/cosmetic:
(2) Cannot set the timer for more tha 60min. That’s a little dumb if you ask me. Some of us like to work in 90min increments. (YES, I know that longer periods of study aren’t conducive to optimal information retention, but this just bars the app entirely from being used for other things like practice tests, activity or errand timers, etc…)
(3) SO SO SO Dumb that the app doesn’t have a feature that allows it to stay on top of the other windows that are open. SO DUMB. Part of the aesthetic appeal is finishing a task and hearing the noise and watching the leaves fall down.
Very unique take on the pomodoro
A lot of creativity went into this app. I like it. I’d recommend this app for anybody doing pomodoros/timeboxing who is tired of the same old stuff. This app accomplishes the same goal, but with a lot more creativity and beauty. You can see the tree growing by the second at a very slow pace if you look really closely…very cool.
It would be cool if it could be place on top of another app while I’m working in full-screen mode or split view, but that’s likely not even possible. Maybe the menu bar window version could still be made to work when I’m using a full screen app?
Sound needs to be louder
The end sound timer has no volume adjustment - no way to adjust it. Major oversight! Also, even though each tree is “unique” it’s unique in a very tiny range of uniqueness. They all pretty much look exactly the same. Would be nice to have some more randomness. 4 stars for being too pricey for what it is, but it’s off to a good start.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.