Behavioral scientists now posit that a person’s state of mind / mood is a big deal ... and has compelling impact on his or her overall happiness. Infact scientists also say that only 10% of one’s happiness is determined by one’s circumstances and around 40% is determined by their thoughts and feelings. Understanding these micro-patterns will bring one closer to better cope with the growing issues of the mind that people face, right from stress, work-life balance, anxiety, anger and overall health.
Zenseek is a product of this premise and is based on positive psychology, behavioral science and data analytics. It allows you to identify and track your moods on a regular basis, garner greater insights about yourself and empowers you with highly effective and engaging activities, education and games that help in reducing stress, anxiety and in building skills to be in the present moment. Afterall, your health and your happiness, is all in your mind.
MOOD: Pop a mood bubble atleast twice in a day. Take a breath, try to focus on your state of mind and become aware of what your mood is. The app provides a soothing experience of the sea and the gratification of bursting a bubble as you choose your mood. The app shall track the date and time of the moods chosen and apply it on to the chosen psychological model for providing greater perspective over time to you.
GRAPHS: A simple graphical representation allows you to understand how your mood has been. Over a period of time, you shall get analytics with greater insights such as day wise, week wise and perhaps even your own context specific pattern.
THOUGHT: Know a new thing everytime you are on the app – scientific, inspirational, fun, amazing, factual, positive thoughts that would just make you mindful and sharper.
ACTIVITIES: As you start being aware about your mood, you will be recommended appropriate activities and games. Here is where all these modules reside and they will start unlocking as you progress with the usage of the app. The techniques specifically used are:
• MINDFULNESS: Fun, relaxing exercises that can be done in 1 to 5 minutes. Helps building skills to be in the present moment with greater awareness of one’s thoughts and feelings, without being judgemental. It is said that anxiety happens when we are constantly in the future and depression happens when we are stuck in the past. Being in the present moment empowers you like nothing else. These exercises are anti-stress and anti-anxiety, paving a way to a sharper and happier mind.
• THINKNEST: Learn what specific cognitive distortions are identify your own negative thought process that you may have become habituated to. Based on cognitive behavioral psychology, awareness about your own cognitive distortions and then challenging those, puts you on a better path to your own health. Simple, intriguing exercises to understand them better.
• BRAINTRAIN: Fun, short games that were built by neuroscientists are curated here specifically to train your mind better. While your feelings, thoughts and actions all interact with each other, your mind benefits from these games.
• FITNEST: Physical exercises curated to help your mind. Exercises for your body has some direct impact on your brain’s ability to bump up feel good neurotransmitters. Get an overall perspective to better health and happiness.
VISUALIZE: A place to gather all your thoughts and feelings and anchor them to feel centered and relaxed. A simple yet fun way to isolate things that may be in your mind, being aware of all of them and also learning to be alright with having all those together at once. Fighting so many thoughts, that may be conflicting is sometimes said to be counter-productive. But being aware of each of them, helps give focus, relaxation and perspective. Again, an important aspect for the health of your mind.
As the app evolves, you will find a lot more modules added and things to do. To health and happiness!
Braintrain is unlocked.
- Seek Spark Health Care Network Private Limited
- 34.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Seek Spark Healthcare Network Pvt. Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.