Pay rent, share household bills and build your credit with Zently.
Zently is the smart assistant built for tech-savvy renters like you. It is completely free for renters, and always will be. Zently completely automates the rental experience by:
• Improving your credit score simply by paying your rent on time
• Finding household bills to split with roommates from your credit or debit cards
• Securely paying your rent and splitting it with housemates
• Paying your landlord with free rent checks or ACH
• Sending & tracking fix-it requests sent to your landlord
BUILD YOUR CREDIT.
• Get credit for the rent payments you already make. Zently reports payments to Transunion -- always free.
• You’ll start seeing payments show up on your credit report in 90 days or less
• Most users see a positive jump in their credit scores -- sometimes 70+ points!
GET YOUR MONEY BACK, RENTERS.
• Get smart suggestions from your connected credit or debit accounts
• Zently automatically finds bills to split (Comcast, PG&E, AT&T, Verizon etc.)
• Add any bill quickly & split it exactly as you need to
• Settle all the split bills in one payment with your rent at the end of the month
NEVER MISS A RENT PAYMENT.
• Paying your housemate? Set up an automatic monthly rent payment.
• Paying the landlord? Set up an automatic monthly rent payment, and we’ll mail out a check for free.
ZENTLY IS BANK-LEVEL SECURE.
• We never share your data with anyone for marketing or any other purposes.
• Unlike other apps, we offer super-secure bank-level encryption of 256-bit SSL for all financial data.
• Our payment partners have security in their DNA: Dwolla, Stripe, and Plaid
• Your account is protected by strong passwords and we never store your bank credentials.
• Closing your Zently account deletes all information from our servers, as if you had never signed up.
GET THINGS FIXED. FAST.
• Step 1: Snap a photo & write a quick description.
• Step 2: Your landlord gets a text or email with the photo & description.
• Step 3: Sit back & track the progress as your landlord get your issue fixed with our dummy-proof tool.
• No buy-in or sign-up required by your landlord.
ZENTLY IN THE MEDIA
• TECHCRUNCH: With $1.6 million in funding, Zently now helps roommates split bills
• FORTUNE: Term Sheet July 13
• SILICON VALLEY BUSINESS JOURNAL: The Funded: Help for roommates among 6 new Bay Area startup deals
• DIGITAL TRENDS: Zently Rental App raises $1.6 million to launch its rent-sharing app
• PRODUCT HUNT: Zently: The renter’s assistant to split bills, pay rent & more
• GADGET HACKS: Zently Takes on Venmo with New Bill-Splitting Feature
ZENTLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA
• Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/zentlyinc
• Follow us on Twitter @zentlyinc and on
• Instagram at @zentlyinc
• Visit us at http://www.zently.com
YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? WE HAVE ANSWERS
• Which credit bureaus does Zently report rent payments to?
Zently currently reports rent payments to TransUnion. And soon to Experian and Equifax too. Our goal is to help renters succeed at renting by making sure that every renter has the best credit score possible.
• Does Zently help me get a loan to pay for rent?
Our focus is on helping you build the absolute best credit possible. If you’re looking for a way to get cash, we recommend Moneylion or Lending Tree to help you get the cash you need in a pinch.
• Does Zently show me my credit score and credit report?
We recommend using a free credit score app like Credit Karma, Credit Wise by Capital One, Wallethub or Credit Sesame to view and track your free fico credit score and credit report. We also recommend NerdWallet for advice on how to build your financial health. Our efforts are focused primarily on helping you to turbo charge your credit score with rent payments.
• Does Zently help with credit repair?
Reporting your rent payments is a great way to boost your credit score. Many of our users have successfully used Zently to repair their credit score.
We've fixed a few minor bugs to improve the experience for our renters on Zently. Thank you for all the great feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Payments work great
Update: the app looks so much better now, looks like they’re actively working to improve it. Hope to see new features.
I've been using Zently to split my grocery bill with my housemate and pay rent - works like a charm. Our landlord gets a check in the mail and we don't have to pay extra!
Bug and Bill Reporting Feedback
Two Capital One Credit Cards. Both Connected. Zently is not seeing purchases properly.
Bill reporting and recommending is very clunky. Their suggested is a joke. The list should offer more view filtering;
Since last square up
Per payment method
The suggested ones view is so bad it should just be removed. Like why in the world would you suggest that the actual CC bill be split? We’re using the CC to identify specific splits within the app. Seems like a lot of “duh’s” they aren’t thinking about.
We loved the idea of bill splitting and if it worked right would probably contemplate other features. But bill splitting is pretty bad so not going to try the rest of the app.
Zently welcome to reach out for additional feedback. Cool ideas. Bad execution.
We appreciate the time you took to provide constructive feedback. We work very hard to build the best experience for renters.
To respond to your feedback:
1) Firstly, Capital One had blocked access to transaction data to third-party apps like us until recently. Simply log back into your account and you'll be able to access these.
2) The suggested transactions you see will continue to get better the more you use the product. We cannot ensure that the suggestions are perfect given the time it takes to 'learn' about your usage.
3) We appreciate your willingness to engage us to make the app better. Simply send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a conversation with us. We'll offer a gift card for your time.
Suggestions and coupons
I cant tell you how many times I've forgotten to split a bill with my roommates. I also love the coupons feature which makes it easier for me to get deals on things I'd already buy. Good app!
- Rently, Inc.
- 75.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Zently, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.