An unofficial native manager for the Parrot Zik headphones range (1 / 2.0 / 3).
PLEASE READ below for a list of supported features (especially Zik 1 owners).
Features supported (and supported headphones versions in brackets) :
- Noise control ON / OFF (Zik 1 / 2.0 / 3)
- Noise Cancelling / Street Mode advanced mode (Zik 2.0 / 3)
- Auto Noise Control (Zik 3)
- Spatialization / Concert Hall (Zik 1 / 2.0 / 3).
- Equalization / Thumb equalizer (Zik 2.0 / 3).
- Basic preset equalization (Zik 1)
- "Head detection" and "Auto connection" ON / OFF (Zik 1 / 2.0 / 3).
- Auto power off (Zik 1 / 2.0 / 3).
- "Flight mode" and "Text to Speech" ON / OFF (Zik 2.0 / 3).
- Bluetooth streaming delay setting (Zik 3)
- Demo mode to test the application without possessing the headphone.
Zik 1 owners, please do note again that the Zik 1 support is _VERY_ limited and will _NOT_ look like the screenshot.
Quick FAQ :
1) Why does the app does not look the same as in the screenshot ?
The app automatically switch layout when resized. Please resize the app in a "landscape" ratio to have the same results as the screenshot.
2) Why does the app does not seems to have the same features as the screenshot ?
If you have a Zik 2.0 or 3, the app will have all (or nearly all) features announced.
HOWEVER if you have a Zik 1, as specified in the features above, only a few things are supported. Furthermore, there is no landscape mode for the Zik 1.
If you have any problems with the app, do not comment below as I cannot answer, but please don't hesitate to contact me at the following email address, I'll do my best to help you : email@example.com
For more info on the Parrot Zik headphones please see the official products page : http://www.parrot.com/usa/products
- Icon in notification area for displaying battery level and for quick access to common settings.
- Support for setting the auto power-off timer (Zik 1 / 2.0 / 3)
- Support for setting the bluetooth streaming delay in milliseconds (Zik 3 only)
- Basic equalizer support for Zik 1 (choice between "Punchy" / "Deep" / "Cristal" / "Vocal" / "Pop" / "Club")
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall good app
Brings a lot of the functionality that you buy Zik headphones for to your Mac.
Only two things separating this from 5 stars. First is that the app has to be running in the dock for the icon to appear in the menu bar. Most of the time I just want to quickly know the percentage of charge of the headphones. The additional options when you tap on the menu bar make it so you don’t really need to run it in the dock. Second is that the actual app can only be full size and take most of the screen or basic small style. It’d be preferable if you could resize it with the mouse like just about any other app. Having a smaller style for basic info is fine, and a nice option, but those being the only two sizes are not. Overall a good app and I’d recommend it to anyone with Zik headphones and a Mac, but it really should be able to have a standalone icon (like a lot of other apps) in the menu bar and not have to have it constantly running in the dock.
Really? no value add.
A slighly slimmer version version of the iPhone app, which is included with purchase of your $400 headphones. It’s kind of a nifty App. It looks like an early test version of the iphone app. I wouldn’t recomend this. I’d like it if it were free. If Parrot said pay a lot of money for our headphones, that are really awesome! And you’ll get these neat apps for your mac and iphone! I’d be excited. The App license is mine now, so I’ll go to the pro-equalizer and really dial in the sound I want…Oh wait, can’t do that, this $3 app does not include that free iphone app feature. Sweet app, bro.
Works just fine with my Parrot Zik 1. Mainly got it to help monitor battery life, and think it’s pretty obnoxious that Parrot doesn’t have their own app for MacOS. My only suggestion for it would be that it would be nice to be able to close the main window but keep the app open in the menu bar to keep an eye on the battery life.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.