Find a new home with Zillow. Search U.S. real estate listings for sale or rent, and get informed no matter where you are in your home journey.
Stay informed about the real estate market, access listings you won’t find on the MLS and look for a place for your life to happen®.
TOP 3 FEATURES
1. View photos and videos of listed houses, apartments and condos for sale or rent near you.
2. Stay ahead of your local real estate market with alerts for new listings and price changes.
3. Compare industry-leading Zestimate® home values of 100 million+ homes nationwide.
Zillow makes buying or renting your next home easier than ever. Buy a house by the beach, find a neighborhood with great schools or browse apartments for rent in the city center. Find everything you need in one place.
Search for any property and get all the details you need.
• Find beautiful properties near you by using your device’s location, typing in an address or drawing a custom region on the map.
• See school information for each home plus nearby amenities, including restaurants, grocery stores, parks and coffee shops.
Stay on top of the housing market.
• Get notified when new listings hit the market, are sold or drop in price. Save your favorite homes and be the first to know if anything changes.
• Enjoy free, exclusive access to foreclosure listings in your area, including pre-foreclosures, foreclosure auctions and bank-owned properties.
Discover the financial resources to help you buy your dream home.
• Access mortgage calculators, real-time mortgage rates and customized loan quotes.
• Find a local lender who can pre-qualify you for a mortgage.
Unsure about your next move? Connect with a real estate professional for a more personal touch.
• Speak with a local real estate agent who can guide you through the buying and selling process.
• Create a Renter Profile to engage directly with potential landlords and property managers.
Zillow is for people who want to be empowered in their real estate search. With access to millions of listings of every kind across the U.S. and resources you won't find elsewhere, you'll be on top of your house hunt. Zillow provides guidance every step of the way so you can focus on living the moments that matter in your new home.
This week, we fixed some minor issues in the app. We are always working hard on improvements to make finding your next home even easier. Please continue to send your feedback to email@example.com. We appreciate it!
Ratings and Reviews
Not a fan of the latest update; Zestimate algorithm feels Orwellian.
1. I feel like it’s now harder to see the HOA fees when you’re browsing, and those can make a huge difference in the affordability of the listing. Also, I feel like it’s harder to change the mortgage estimate (it used to be easy to zero out the insurance payment if you could see that was covered by HOA — it’s still easy to zero that out, but now I can’t figure out how to make it recalculate the monthly mortgage once I make changes). Also, the new app icon kind of looks like someone sat on the old logo/icon? Not sure if that’s what the effect they were going for...
2. Since Zillow relies on an algorithm to harvest listings from MLS sites, it’s not always as accurate as an actual MLS site (it often misses when properties are sold, for instance).
3. The Zestimate algorithm continues to puzzle me... it doesn’t seem to have much basis in reality, and when my house was on the market the Zestimate would fluctuate wildly, yet the sudden $30,000 drop in the Zestimate wouldn’t be reflected in graph of the recent Zestimates. It was like the 1984 version of the real estate appraisal...
4. BUT, I use Zillow to browse anyway because it’s free and it’s a relatively intuitive app — if I see something I like, I ask my real estate agent about it, and they send me the official MLS listing with the more accurate details.
Still Needs Improvement
Zillow does not worry about facts and their information can be very inaccurate. I was advised by my realtor to avoid using Zillow because of inaccurate information. The Zillow website is very user friendly, but just beware it can be misleading. After I bought my new home I “claimed it” on the Zillow website. They are showing I purchased the home for much less than I did, but they will not correct this information. I called the tax office just to be sure nothing bogus was going on. It turns out my info and the tax office is the same. So long story short, Zillow is not concerned with showing us inaccurate information.
Update: After several email exchanges, scanning and submitting documents proving I was providing factual information, Zillow corrected the information I was disputing. The person who helped me seemed polite and helpful. So I changed my review from a 1 star to 3 stars. The reason for 3 stars is I still have several problems with what happened. First off, I still do not know why false information was provided. Second, I do not know why it was so hard to have the information corrected. Third, and this is my biggest problem...I have asked Zillow repeatedly where did they get their incorrect information, and Zillow has never responded to my question.
Developer Response ,
Our team would like to investigate right away. If you email firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll reach out directly.
Miss aerial view in newest upgrade (9/17)
The aerial view feature of the map function was one if the most important sources of information to me in selecting potential homes to see. It has now been replaced by street view, which in my opinion is NOT needed, since EVERY listing with photographs will have a picture of the house from the street. Plus the street view does not always even capture the house, as there are sometimes terrain, vegetation, or lot issues that tender the street view less than helpful. The now lost AERIAL view not only allowed me to turn the view to see house and nearby properties from four angles, it also allowed me to see details of the terrain (hillside lot, going up or down, how flat a flat lot, sometimes could tell if room between house and lot line for car to access back yard, etc.) NOW WITH THIS FEATURE MISSING, it will be a lot harder for me to determine which homes will qualify for my interest (I am an out of town buyer). Hopefully there is SOME OTHER APP that I can use instead of the updated (I won't say upgraded) Zillow.
I have been pleased with many of the features of Zillow, and would have given them a four or five rating. THIS ONE FEATURE IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY DECISION INFORMATION, I am going to have to lower my rating to 3.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.