Zinio – 5,000+ Digital Magazines
By Zinio LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse over 5,000+ digital magazines in the world's largest newsstand or read fresh articles daily for free. The best in news, politics, technology, art, style, travel and more at your fingertips, on any device. Zinio connects you with the stories that shape history from the magazines that matter to you.
- READ your new magazines the moment they arrive, and sync your library offline and across all your devices.
- EXPLORE articles to preview magazines or discover great stories from our favorite magazines worldwide.
- SHOP our global newsstand, with great values on subscriptions and single issues.
OTHER KEY FEATURES:
- Read new free articles every day
- Get library updates via Push, and instantly sync your library across all your devices
- Connect with Facebook and share what you read
- Set your library to auto-download, and read magazines offline and on the go
- Browse more on the web, shop for products or view interactive features and rich media from select titles and issues
- 148Apps BestAppEver Awards “Best iOS Magazine App” – 2013
- TechCrunch “20 Best iOS Apps” – 2012
- iTunes “App Store Best of: Top Grossing” – 2011, 2012
- IMA “Best Global App Award” – 2011, 2012
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
“To see magazines done correctly look at Zinio” — Huffington Post
“If you're a magazine devourer, this is your app.” — PCMag.com
“The iPad newsstand that works” — Fortune.com
“Zinio is to magazines what Kindle is to books” — Engadget.com
“Zinio editions on the iPad are terrific” — Salon.com
TRENDING ON THE NEWSSTAND:
NEW ADDITIONS — Wired, Vanity Fair, Fast Company, The Atlantic, Architectural Digest, Wine Spectator
BUSINESS & NEWS — Forbes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Economist, Harvard Business Review
FOR MEN — Maxim, Esquire, Car & Driver, Men’s Fitness, Outside
STYLE — Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Nylon, Harper’s Bazaar, BlackBook
LIFESTYLE — Saveur, Oprah, Dwell, Wine Enthusiast
TECH — T3, Macworld, PC World, PC Gamer, X-Box World
SCIENCE — National Geographic, The Smithsonian, New Scientist, Science
INTERNATIONAL — Vogue France, Esquire UK, Hola, GQ Japan
LOVE READING ON ZINIO?
Tell us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/zinio or follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/zinio.
Zinio supports iOS versions 5.1 and greater. If you haven’t updated your iOS software in awhile, you should!
What's New in Version 3.3
Good app, poor support
I like the app but not the company. They recently sent me 2 expiration notices for a magazine subscription that I discovered had not expired and was set to auto-renew in any case. Not wanting to have my subscription lapse, I checked my account and discovered that I had been charged two full subscription payments for the same magazine within a few months of each other (prior to getting the expiration notice), probably as a result of earlier false expiration email notices. I went to their website and discovered they could only be contacted via chat or email. I chatted with a rep who acknowledged the error. After a spending quite a few minutes trying resolve the problem, I was offered 2 and then 3 free issues (worth about $3) as a token of their regret that I had been inconvenienced (to the tune of 30+ minutes of my time trying to figure out what was going on). Not happy! So, if you keep your eye on your account with them, and don't get fooled by incorrect expiration notices, the app itself is quite good. So my rating is 5 stars for the app and 1 star for the company. I don't think the overcharging was intentional, and they did credit my payments for additional issues, but they need to get their act together and eliminate bogus expiration notifications.
Unstable, locks up, availability of text or page option not always there. No landscape view for reading a page...Ridiculous! The low memory error this app generates that then closes the app is preposterous. I should be the one to decide when it is time to free up memory not some poor subscription service. When the app closes you can't even delete old magazines it has to be something more precious like pictures, music or documents. Why would the app decide it needs more memory when there are no new downloads to get and there is more memory available on the device than the entire current storage size of the zinio app. Get over yourself and fix this mess!
Buggy, unstable, unreliable, and it still isn't iPhone 6+ optimized.
Starting to feel like every subscription I bought was a waste of money.
You can't trust this application to save your magazines and I don't know why. There appears to be no rhyme or reason why; from one day to the next, your magazines will get deleted without warning. This basically destroys the convenience of application.
Also, magazines cost around 20% more if you buy through the application instead of the website. That is not cool. After having this app for 5 years now, I just kinda wish someone else would take over the maintenance of it, because it gets perpetually worse.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 20, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 23.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Zinio LLC
- © 2012 Zinio LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Zinio Digital Issue $3.99
- Zinio Digital Issue$4.99
- Zinio Digital Issue$5.99
- Zinio Digital Issue$2.99
- Zinio Digital Issue$6.99
- Zinio Digital Single Issue $1.99
- Zinio Digital Single Issue $0.99
- Zinio Digital Issue$7.99
- Zinio Digital Issue$9.99
- subscription to Maxim Magazine$14.99