By Happio Workshop
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ZipBox-Pro™ extracts zip archives from your email attachments. It allows you to preview images and documents instantly in zip archives and open them directly with the associated apps. You can also email the files directly within the app with options to zip and password protect the files.
This app can run on iPad, iPhone and iPhone Touch.
- Open zip archives in Mail
- Password support
- Files and folders hierarchy navigation
- Email multiple files selected from your zip archives
- Zip and email files (with password)
- Option to clean temporary extracted files on quit
- View details of files including type, file size, etc.
- Preview files in various formats (.png, .jpg, .tiff, .gif, .doc, .docx, .htm, .html, .key, .numbers, .pages, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .txt, .rtf, .vcf, .xls, .xlsx)
1. How do I email the unzipped files?
Ans: You can send the unzipped files by the following steps.
1. Open the zip file with ZipBox-Pro
2. Tap Edit
3. Select the files you want to send (mark them with a tick)
4. tap the Action button and choose "Email files"
2. I cannot open the zip file in my iPad. What should I do?
Ans: If the zip file is larger than 1.5MB, you need to download it first. You can follow the steps below.
1. Open the email with the zip file
2. Tap the reply icon and choose "Forward" and then "Include"
3. Wait until the whole zip file is downloaded completely (until the spinner stops)
4. Tap cancel and return to the email with the zip file
5. Switch to another mail and go back (To refresh the view)
6. Tap the zip file to open it using ZipBox-Pro
3. I cannot open the zip file in my iPhone. I only got a blank screen when I tap on it.
Ans: Tap and hold the zip file in mail in iPhone.
Email for technical support:
What's New in Version 1.3
- bug fixes
I picked this one up, hoping it would resolve some issues, but it disappointed me on one big point: it does not recognize passwords. I tried a couple of different ones, thinking it might be an iPad-related keyboard issue, but even a simple lower case password was not recognized, and it kept asking for it. So it will not open password-protected zip files, which only makes it half-useful. The 'print in zip box' dialog takes forever to show up when I open the attachment in Safari. Initially, I thought it didn't work at all, then I realized it just took a while. So, if your main concern is zipping for file size, and security isn't an issue for you, then this app will work okay. If you need to open password-protected zip files, I doubt it will work - it did not work for me. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon. I need to open secured zips.
Ridiculous waste of time and money
This crappy app works about once every month... never when i need it. When I try to open a zipped file, I usually get a message saying "Mail cannot open this attachment", even though I have purchased Zipbox precisely for this purpose. Nothing I try to resolve this works. This is one more reason that the iphone makes a crappy business device - especially for corporate e-mail support.
Works as expected
Works fine on my iPhone 4 and iPad. You need to select "open in" ZipBox. Not sure what other folks are having problems with.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 11, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Happio Workshop
- © 2011 Happio Workshop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.