ZocDoc - Doctor Appointments Online!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ZocDoc is the beginning of a better healthcare experience for millions of patients every month. Find doctors you love, read real reviews, book appointments instantly, and more with this award-winning app.
• See neighborhood doctors in your insurance network
• Read verified reviews from other patients
• See open appointment times and book instantly. No phone calls necessary!
• Check in online to complete your paperwork and save time at the office
• Stay on top of important checkups with custom Wellness Reminders, and more
What's New in Version 2.8.5
• Fixed an issue preventing iOS8 users from launching the app
Decent app with some lacks
Overall it’s a decent app that allows you to search for doctors within specialties and for specific purposes. Things I wish they’d fix:
1) Better accuracy on which doctors take health insurance (frequently wrong, leading to cancelled appointments after booking)
2) Other category when choosing reason for doctor’s visit - allows specific description not listed as a choice
3) Allow patient to select whether they need to see a physician rather than a NP. There are times I’m fine seeing a NP. Other times, I definitely need to see a physician; I have specific medical conditions that need a physician’s analysis and counsel. The site doesn’t allow you to specify you must see a physician - and several times I’ve shown up at an appointment only to be told it’s with a NP. I now have to call the doctor’s office, which makes the use of ZocDoc counterproductive.
4) If you post a negative review about a doctor or doctor’s office, they won’t always post it. I’ve never been abusive in tone, but I’ve described the hour+ waits and poorly managed offices.
If they can fix these things it would be a great, far more useful app.
Cancelled appointment but great customer service
I have mixed feelings. I just had an appointment cancelled, by a doctor who didn’t even read my profile carefully and rudely dismissed my request for an appointment.
On the other hand, their customer service team called me right away to ask what happened, so that was nice.
But doctors should absolutely not be using this service if they are going to cancel a bunch of people’s appointments. Many people use ZocDoc for next day and semi-urgent appointments. Thankfully I’m not in a dire situation but for other people this would be a bigger problem.
Good service, okay app.
What the app does is great, but it did crash several times on me. I did not lose any of my progress in filling out the forms when it crashed, so that was nice. The fact that I can find doctors on my insurance and see reviews and book appointments is of great convenience, so I do recommend it.