Put your library in your pocket.
With this free app from Zola Books, you can read millions of books from thousands of major publishers, on any mobile device. Whether your passion is A Is For Alibi or Zorba The Greek, read it with Zola!
• Create your own custom reading experience by adjusting font sizes, page turns, brightness, and other elements. Try 'Night Mode' for evening reading that won't disturb those around you.
• Read your books on multiple devices — the Zola Books app automatically syncs your reading progress. Never fear: Switch devices, keep your books!
• Read on up to 5 devices simultaneously!
• Go offline — once you download your books, you can dive in wherever you are, even without a wi-fi or internet connection.
• Enjoy Zola Open Classics, a free collection of timeless books that come pre-loaded in the app. Whether The Time Machine or Jane Eyre, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes or The Wind in the Willows or many more, there is something to satisfy any reader. Each classic has been lovingly designed with historical illustrations, unabridged original text, and a custom reading experience.
• Indulge in all the books from all the big publishers – Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin Random, Simon & Schuster, and thousands more!
• Have brand, will travel – the Zola Books reading app can be used for free by any of our partners, including independent booksellers, publishers, and more. Contact us for info.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zolabooks
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zolabooks
- iOS 10 support
- Image zooming is now enabled in ebooks
Ratings and Reviews
Worst e-reader app ever
I've had exactly the same experience as the previous review. I used this app only because of exclusive access to the time travelers wife, which I've been unable to finish. The app either won't load because I can't login on a plane without Internet access. If I remember to login before getting on the plane, I spend half the flight trying to get back to where I was because the app seems to refuse to actually save bookmarks. Now with the latest update the book is stuck on the title page and won't go anywhere else. It's unbelievable how bad this app is at what should be the most basic functions for an e-reader. Find another way to read the time travelers wife, this app isn't worth the headaches.
This is a terrible app. This app does not hold your place in your book, whenever you open the app it goes back to the first page. The scroll bar at the bottom, which would allow you to find your page easily, also does not work. The app does not allow you to rotate the screen. When you dim the backlight in the app it also dims your screen when you close the app. I am unfortunately stuck using this app because they have exclusive rights to certain content, but it is a poor app.
This is bare bones: no notes, no bookmarks, no dictionary/Wikipedia access for unknown words or concepts.
One thing that needs to get fixed ASAP, is that it never allows the iPad to enter sleep mode. So when I use this app in bed at night, woe if I fall asleep while reading. In the morning I will have a battery-depleted device, and thanks to random touches in the night, the book will have odd highlighting and be on a random page.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.