Zomato - Food & Restaurant Finder
By Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
-- Featured in the App Store's Best of 2014 --
Zomato is your best option to search for and discover great places to eat. It's a beautifully designed, easy-to-use social restaurant finder app that lets you explore all the dining options in your city. Browse through updated menus, pictures, and user reviews to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
Build a trusted network of friends and discover great new restaurants through them. Show off your own food journey with reviews, stunning filtered pictures, and check-ins at restaurants.
* Search easily for Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs and Bars by location, cuisine (e.g. Chinese, Italian, Indian), name (e.g. Starbucks, Domino's Pizza, Amaya), or browse through beautifully crafted Collections to discover something special.
* Explore every restaurant in your city, including the ones around your current location, and use search filters to find the one that suits you best.
* View menus, pictures, phone numbers, directions, user reviews, and all the other information you need to choose a restaurant for Dine-out, Delivery, Nightlife or Takeaway. Maintain an easy-reference list of your favorites or places you want to visit with Bookmarks.
* Check in at restaurants you visit, see useful information about the restaurant, add photos, and tag friends you're eating or drinking with.
* Rate and review restaurants you've been to, and share photos of your foodie moments directly from the app.
* Use the map view to explore restaurants around you, or draw a circle to search in a specific area.
* In-app table booking (UK ONLY): If you're in the United Kingdom, you can book tables at all restaurants supported by OpenTable. Includes Passbook support for easy access to your booking details.
Zomato is now available in over 10,000 cities across India, the US, Australia, the UK, UAE, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Portugal, the Philippines, Indonesia, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Chile, Italy, Lebanon, Brazil, Sri Lanka, and Qatar. More locations coming very soon.
Zomato requires you to log in; it's only so we can get to know you better and serve you the stuff you'd like to see.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Former Urbanspoon user pleasantly surprised
Like a lot of the people reviewing the Zomato app, I am a former Urbanspoon user who used the Urbanspoon app quite a bit and really liked it. I have really come to like the Zomato app a lot, but like most people who used to use the Urbanspoon app, I was at first pretty dissapointed. I had become very familiar with the Urbanspoon app and now, poof, it was gone and I now had to find my way around something different. But after having played around with it for a little bit, I am actually very pleasantly surprised. Sure, there are a couple things I kind of miss about the Urbanspoon app, but the Zomato app has some really cool features that Urbanspoon didn't. Overall, once you give it a chance and become familiar with it, I think you'll find that it really is a great tool for deciding where to eat and discovering new restaurants and bars. Is it perfect? No. But the first version of the Urbanspoo app wasn't perfect either and got better and better with each new version they released. So I'll definitely be using Zomato as my go to app for dining and I'm looking forward to seeing what new features they roll out in later versions.
Yes, I am yet another disappointed Urbanspoon user. Urbanspoon was an important (5 star) app for me -- especially when traveling -- because of the ability to easily filter search results for "gluten-free friendly". If there is a way to filter for gluten-free friendly or gluten-free options, the developers have managed to hide it extremely well. I tried searching for gluten-free on the Zomato website and found it substantially easier to deal with. On my iPad. Unfortunately, I don't generally walk around with my iPad but use my iPhone and I am unsure how well that is going to work,given the difference in screen size. So basically I've found a workable although not totally convenient solution. One that does not include this app. And since apps are all about convenience, I would say you (or at least I) don't need this app.
PS I admit to taking the demise of Urbanspoon a bit personally as I am on a gluten-free diet for medical reasons. After years of hesitating to travel widely because of the all too real possibility of getting somewhere and finding that the only things to eat were whatever I had brought with me, Urbanspoon really helped to literally expand my horizons (as well as my waistline!).
Forced login. It's out.
Open it for the first time and you are forced to sign up, login, or connect to Facebook. The latter of which I am sure pulls every bit of info it can and signs you up for an account. Let's be honest though this is not an app that should need any of that just to utilize it. Write reviews and whatever fine, I understand accounts then. Gotta know who's doing the the writing right? To find places to eat you don't need to. Currently Urbanspoon's app still works and I will use it until the server shuts down and/or the app is pulled/abandoned. If at this time zomato hasn't figured out this whole web to mobile app thing it'll be back to Google maps and askin around.
I am sure this app has potential. Urbanspoon said all features will be integrated to zomato's app. Currently for why is a new user from their accounts standpoint this app is useless unless you just want another account on the web or 3rd party app linked to your Fbook.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 29.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- © Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.