Zomato - Food & Restaurant Finder
By Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Zomato lets you search for and discover restaurants to eat out at or order in from. Browse through restaurant menus, photos, user reviews and ratings to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
If you are in India, UAE, or Lebanon, you can also order food online for delivery, with thousands of great food delivery restaurants to choose from.
* Search easily for Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs and Bars by location, cuisine (e.g. Chinese, Italian, Indian), name (e.g. Starbucks, Domino's Pizza, Amaya).
* Explore every restaurant in your city, including the ones near your current location, and use search filters to find the one that suits you best.
* View menus, pictures, phone numbers, directions, user reviews, and all the other information you need to choose a restaurant for Dine Out, Food Delivery, Nightlife, or Takeaway.
* Browse our theme-based curated lists to discover places for the best burgers, perfect date spots, or the top trending restaurants.
* Create your own Collections and share them with your friends and followers.
* Rate and review restaurants you've been to, and share photos of your foodie moments directly from the app.
* Maintain an easy reference list of your favorites or places you want to visit with Bookmarks.
* Use the map view to explore restaurants around you, or draw a circle to search in a specific area.
* Find and follow your friends to see where they're eating and what they like.
* Journal the restaurants you eat at using your Dineline.
* In-app table booking (select locations) – you can view and book yourself a table at all partner restaurants.
Zomato is now available in over 10,000 cities across India, the
USA, Australia, the UK, UAE, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Portugal, the Philippines, Indonesia, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Chile, Italy, Lebanon, Brazil, Sri Lanka, and Qatar. More locations coming very soon.
USA, Australia, and Canada – we were previously called Urbanspoon in your countries.
What's New in Version 11.2.3
Fail fail fail, please bring back the Urban Spoon
I stopped using this app when they killed the popular Urban Spoon app, I thought I would give it a look again and wow, what a disappointment. Why would I use this app at all? The features that were Urban Spoon are now totally gone. I could just use google or yelp which are way more updated, and this app no longer lets you search by cuisine unless you click 8 steps deep in filters? Fail. It just shows you restaurants nearby. What if the nearby restaurants are not what I am looking for? It has no more pick cuisine, price range and shake your phone and a cool vegas like slot machine would roll thru food possibilities with sounds and ratings. Yelp has easy cuisine slider with one click. For those who never knew Urban Spoon you are the lucky ones as you have no idea what you are missing as this app deleted it and replaced with an app not worth taking up space on my phone. Nothing to see here, keep moving along.. so sad.. I can't see what value this app brings to anything, it's purpose is irrelevant. The reviews here that are more than 1 star are either fake or have never heard of yelp. Bring back Urban Spoon and see which app users prefer or just continue to force people to login to this app after reading the bad reviews to see it is really that bad. Click, delete.
Thumps down for Zomato
I have been using Urban Spoon for many years, first on my PC then on my iPhone and iPad. I found Urban Spoon to have a very friendly user interface which only improved over the years. I especially liked the iPad app which had additional features on top of what was on the iPhone. Now there is just an iPhone app. The move to Zomato is taking a big leap backwards. It is not intuitive and lacks a lot of the features and functionality which we came to count on in Urbanspoon. To be honest my wife and I (Lily933) both put a lot of time and effort into rating restaurants over the years and made friends of with other users who also had a love for great food but with the change to Zomato I think this is the end of this road.
There are now other restaurant rating apps which are friendlier to use.
Terrible and it's just getting worse. Zomato's no Yelp
Downloaded it as an alternative to Yelp, since it doesnt yet have a presence in the country I moved to. The features on this app are helpful, IF ONLY THEY WORK. The 'exclude mall' filter still yields restaurants in malls after it has been applied. Multiple criterias checked when filtering, tends to override one another where only one criteria will be applied. When I chose restaurants that are good for 'Dinner', some of the options that came up ONLY OPENS IN THE DAY, AND IN FACT CLOSES IN THE EVENING. These filters and features that are supposed to narrow down your search, really doesnt make it easy.
Rating: 1 (only because there's no 0 option)
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Aug 17, 2017
- Version: 11.2.3
- Size: 66.1 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- © Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.