Zomato - Food & Restaurant Finder
By Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
-- Featured in the App Store's Best of 2014 --
Zomato is your best option to search for and discover great places to eat. It's a beautifully designed, easy-to-use social restaurant finder app that lets you explore all the dining options in your city. Browse through updated menus, pictures, and user reviews to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
Build a trusted network of friends and discover great new restaurants through them. Show off your own food journey with reviews, stunning filtered pictures, and check-ins at restaurants.
* Search easily for Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs and Bars by location, cuisine (e.g. Chinese, Italian, Indian), name (e.g. Starbucks, Domino's Pizza, Amaya), or browse through beautifully crafted Collections to discover something special.
* Explore every restaurant in your city, including the ones around your current location, and use search filters to find the one that suits you best.
* View menus, pictures, phone numbers, directions, user reviews, and all the other information you need to choose a restaurant for Dine-out, Delivery, Nightlife or Takeaway. Maintain an easy-reference list of your favorites or places you want to visit with Bookmarks.
* Check in at restaurants you visit, see useful information about the restaurant, add photos, and tag friends you're eating or drinking with.
* Rate and review restaurants you've been to, and share photos of your foodie moments directly from the app.
* Use the map view to explore restaurants around you, or draw a circle to search in a specific area.
* In-app table booking (UK ONLY): If you're in the United Kingdom, you can book tables at all restaurants supported by OpenTable. Includes Passbook support for easy access to your booking details.
Zomato is now available in over 10,000 cities across India, the US, Australia, the UK, UAE, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Portugal, the Philippines, Indonesia, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Chile, Italy, Lebanon, Brazil, Sri Lanka, and Qatar. More locations coming very soon.
Zomato requires you to log in; it's only so we can get to know you better and serve you the stuff you'd like to see.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
I just wanted to see ratings of a couple of restaurants. First zomato didnt let me check reviews on their mobile website and forced me into downloading their app (5 mins wasted) and then they want me to create a login into their app before i use it..
I understand you want me to lock into your app/content so that you can claim a big count of tegistered users and sell off the conpany..
But your experince and mindset made me to delete your app without using it.. You lost a potential user and many potential word of mouth referrals..
Learn from others.. don't be so greedy upfront!
Turning Zomato into a giant funnel to their servers
They no longer post phone numbers of the restaurants, only a central number where you call and they forward on to the restaurant. And you cant copy an address out of the app and use in the map app that you choose, only theirs. Next up I guess is for them to restrict payment so it all goes through their own payment app. I give it 2 more months.
The reviews on this site are no longer reliable as people are just trying to show off and don't actually give accurate info.
Forced and pushy behavior on a Buggy App!
First of all I was just browsing your mobile site that came in first in the google search. Why do I need the app? If I need it then will download it. OK for first time prompt for downloading your 3* app. Why the hell prompt me each page refresh and freeze safari while browsing?
Common developers I'm just a visitor. The message says 'Still in Browser Age?' Yes I'm and I'm loving it, with most popular OS and Browsers and don't want any pushy or forced behavioral message or prompt to tell me what to do and what not to.
In which age your UX and UI team working on? Where is the skip / don't show again button?
And after forcefully downloaded it, from the first intro page I decided to delete it. As again pushy to sign in share you email/FB details.
Wasted my precious time Don't want anymore in this crappy and buggy App.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 29.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- © Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.