Zomato - Food & Restaurant Finder
By Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Zomato is the best way to search for and discover great places to eat at or order in from. It's a beautifully designed, easy-to-use social restaurant finder app that lets you explore all the dining options in your city. Browse through restaurant menus, pictures, and user reviews to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
If you are in India, UAE, or the Philippines, you can also order your food online for delivery, with thousands of great restaurants to choose from.
Build a trusted network of friends and discover great new restaurants through them. Show off your own food journey with reviews and stunning filtered pictures at restaurants.
* Search easily for Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs and Bars by location, cuisine (e.g. Chinese, Italian, Indian), name (e.g. Starbucks, Domino's Pizza, Amaya), or browse through beautifully crafted Collections to discover something special.
* Create your very own Collections and share them with your friends and followers.
* Explore every restaurant in your city, including the ones around your current location, and use search filters to find the one that suits you best.
* View menus, pictures, phone numbers, directions, user reviews, and all the other information you need to choose a restaurant for Dine-out, Delivery, Nightlife or Takeaway. Maintain an easy-reference list of your favorites or places you want to visit with Bookmarks.
* Rate and review restaurants you've been to, and share photos of your foodie moments directly from the app.
* Use the map view to explore restaurants around you, or draw a circle to search in a specific area.
* In-app table booking (select locations) – you can also view and book yourself a table at all partner restaurants. Includes Passbook support for easy access to your booking details.
Zomato is now available in over 10,000 cities across India, USA, Australia, the UK, UAE, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Portugal, the Philippines, Indonesia, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Chile, Italy, Lebanon, Brazil, Sri Lanka, and Qatar. More locations coming very soon.
USA, Australia, and Canada – Zomato in your countries was previously called Urbanspoon.
What's New in Version 10.5.3
Unlike a supermoon, you'll get these updates more often than once every few decades. Here's what's new in this one:
• Bookmarks are now searchable by restaurant name and location. The days of scrolling endlessly to find a specific one are gone.
• It's now easier to suggest a new restaurant. There are still more improvements to come, but the process is easier than it used to be.
• A stubborn crash that was affecting devices running iOS 8 has been fixed – sorry about that, folks on iOS 8 :/
• A few bugs that tried to sneak into this update after gatecrashing our supermoon party have been duly bounced from the premises.
This app infuriates me because it thinks that it can replace Urbanspoon in its former glory but nothing could be more wrong. Everyone slept on Urbanspoon and it's feature where you could set your location and spin a wheel and it would just bring up random restaurants around you. God himself delicately crafted Urbanspoon with his own hands in his own image and y'all didn't take advantage of it so it got taken away. It was the perfect thing because if you wanted a specific location or type of food or price range, all you had to do was add a filter but if you have no clue what kind of food you want, you could just bounce around ideas. But with Zomato, you gotta know exactly what you're looking for. AND the location detector never knows what it's talking about. It always thinks I live in a different neighborhood. I feel personally victimized by this app. RIP in peace, Urbanspoon.
Love the app. Had it for the last 3 month while I was in San Diego. Really easy to use, very helpful with price esp if you don't have to much money to play with, map defaults can be changed so you could use google maps, the map feature that can be used on the app is great esp when you want to look up restaurant close or further away from you. Just wish in Hawaii they give out prizes like how they do in San Diego. Also that they should include more locations so if i go on a trip to Japan I could look up restaurants in Japan.
When I use this app
When I use this app, I sometimes have trouble navigating it. I still love it BUT I can't figure out how to review the same restaurant for visits that are close chronologically to one another. And I can't always tell that my pics post. Still love it though. My issues, I admit, might be "user error" more than it is app problem. I will continue to use it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 10.5.3
- Size: 65.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
- © Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.