Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
By Hosted Games LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Zombies rise again at the dawn of Apocalypse! In this companion to the smash-hit "Zombie Exodus," can you survive the first few days of the zombie outbreak as the dead rise, society collapses, and the living struggle to survive? 40% off until Nov 1!
"Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven" is the first part of a series of thrilling interactive survival-horror novel by Jim Dattilo, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without animation or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Customize a character using a variety of professions, backgrounds, special challenges, and skills to survive in a brutal and chaotic city as the Zeta virus spreads. Will you be an honorable soldier, searching through neighborhoods to aid survivors? Or will you be a ruthless bandit who loots and robs others for needed supplies? How about a paranoid hacker, psychopathic con artist, pragmatic scientist, or idealistic teenager? Dozens of options allow you to play the character of your choice.
Set in the "Zombie Exodus" world, the first part of "Safe Haven" focuses on the first few days of a viral outbreak which changes the infected into mindless zombies. Explore the changes to society at the start of the pandemic. Board your house, gather supplies, meet over a dozen other characters, and survive encounters with the living dead and even other survivors. Scavenge numerous locations, craft items, and use a variety of skills to survive the many challenges of the apocalypse.
The "Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven" series will continue with future stories in new locations in the coming years.
• Play as male or female, gay, straight, bi, or asexual.
• Over 500,000 words long. You’ll read 50,000 words each time you play. Given the number of paths from beginning to end, you’ll want to play numerous times.
• Nineteen backgrounds/professions including Soldier, Teenager, Professional Wrestler, Bank Robber, and Doctor. Or create your own custom class.
• Choose your skill levels in eighteen different apocalyptic skills such as Stealth, Ranged Weapons, Scavenging, and Survival. Level up your skills after each chapter and choose from hobbies to round out your character.
• Select optional challenges for your survivor. Take care of a dependent child or a pet, or deal with a phobia, compulsion, addiction, or affliction.
• Meet other survivors each with their own personalities, motivations, desires, and flaws. Even form romantic relationships with those you meet.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
• Various spelling, grammar, and bug fixes.
• Character and weapon reference added to stats.
• Thelma now gives you a discount for colorful hair colors.
• Increased places to find mechanical parts.
• Added an Arsenal AK semiautomatic rifle.
• Reduced time it takes to scavenge the three-story home.
• In chapter 3, you can now charge your laptop with a heavy battery.
• You can now select your own martial arts style, if applicable.
• You can now save a specific character from certain death.
If you liked "Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven," please leave a nice review; it really helps!
Great game, some advise for part 2
I loved the game and played it 3 separate times, each one getting better than the last, unfortunately I didn't save everyone but I plan on playing the game for a fourth time in order to. (It has a great replay value). I do ask that in the next game the creators decide to add more options to strengthen relationships. Such as the ability to give your "friends" candy or something, in order to strengthen your relationship. I also think it should be a characteristic that (small spoiler alert) the vehicles we chose at the end can affect the next game, like using the bus to make a base, or the ability to mount the 50 cal at a base we make to help defend ourselves. Thanks for your consideration, and I hope you choose to go with some of my ideas.
Great Characters and Lots of Replay Value
This is such a great game. Unlike some other titles, the writing is quite engaging with a variety of characters to meet and interact with during the game, with different results depending on how you handle them. Made me actually think and care has a reality to the game that is quite engaging. Also, with the wide range of characteristics, skills, abilities, and professions, there are many possible ways to play the game that make it more interesting. Exciting story written in a way that pulls you into the experience, and I can't wait for Part 2! If you liked the original Zombie Exodus, you will enjoy this title just as much and for the same reasons. These are my favorite Choice of Games titles.
Now I'll be very honest right from the beginning and say that I rarely ever write reviews. The chances of me writing a review for anything or anybody are maybe once a year and even then it's too much.
I'm a writer and to me this game has such a great story that it felt as if I myself was being drawn in and becoming the character itself. I have played many like it and rarely has this ever happened. Not only does the story allow me to feel as if I'm living the situation in the moment it gives me a great sense of who my character CAN become and it greatly defines everyone and everything very well.
In addition to that, I'd also like to applaud the complexity of it all. There are so many things a person can do, backstories of who you were and paths that you can take. One of my favorite things to do is to do the whole thing over and over just to see where each path I take leads me. It's amazing!
Can't wait for Part 2! Keep it up!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hosted Games LLC
- © 2016 James Dattilo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Part One$4.99
- Skill Point Bonus$0.99