zombie match defense
By shovelware games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Zombie Match Defense is a Match-3/Lane Defense game. Yes, that's a really weird mash-up of two very popular genres that don't seem like they would work together. This game is actually the result of a bet to do just that, but that's a story for another time. The point is, they DO work well together. Scroll down to see the award(s) we've won and read some quotes from websites you've heard of!
- New tactics on top of familiar match-3 gameplay. Stop the zombie progress by matching the brain they're munching on.
- All the action takes place in the match field, no filling mana bars or missing action happening elsewhere.
- No time pressure, play at your own pace. The encroaching horde of zombies is very polite and only moves after you do. Take time and think tactically.
- Deploy bonus items to your team so they can stave off any zombies you couldn't remove by matching.
- It's really silly. One of the items is a frozen drink that gives the zombies brainfreeze.
- For less than the price of some lives in another game, you can own this one and play it forever! No additional IAP.
- It's got zombies! Zombies aren't played out yet, are they? Right? Guys? Crap.
***WINNER*** - Pocket Gamer's Very Big Indie Pitch (San Francisco, 2015)
***RUNNER-UP*** - My mom's favorite game (She really likes solitaire)
QUOTES FROM PREVIEWS:
"The idea of making 'Plants vs. Zombies with match-3' is so clever I can't believe nobody has done it before." - TouchArcade
"Zombie Match Defense is a Match-3 Game That’s (Wait for it) Legitimately Interesting"
"Zombie Match Defense a fun, bright, enjoyable game already, with a quirky visual humor." - Cult Of Mac
Addictive but gets repetitive.
It's always thrilling when someone introduces a new idea into a genre. The game kept me addicted until the end of all the rounds, introducing new zombies every few levels. I couldn't stop playing (and luckily, I was on a long plane ride).
After that I completed the levels the just cranked up the difficulty by adding more zombies, which felt a bit lame.
Hopefully, more ideas can be introduced since the unique match 3 mechanism is really cool.
Goofy and addictive!
Zombie match defense is the best match-three puzzle game I've played in a while! The mechanics are deceptively simple so it's easy to pick up, but don't be fooled by that, you'll definitely need to do some quick thinking once you get 4 or 5 zombies out. Also, to my relief it is not like a majority of games in this genre that are designed by marketers to drain money from your wallet. Overall, a really fun, juicy game!!
I took a gamble buying this game after reading this guy's AMA on Reddit, but this is actually a great puzzle game that I highly recommend to anyone. It's extremely slick, and thoughtfully made. The difficulty ramps up at a perfect pace as new elements are introduced that require more and more thoughtful execution of your moves. Love it, very addictive; I look forward to future releases.