Designed for institutional use by animal care specialists, ZooMorphTrak allows estimation and comparison functions for the bodyweight of Bottlenose Dolphins (Tursiops truncatus).
The inputs to the calculations are the dolphin's sex, age (if known), length, and girth. Weight can be estimated from these measurements using a simple tape measure, and without requiring a scale nor to train the dolphin to cooperate with weight measurement.
* The “Approximate” feature allows users to input measurements (sex, age, length and girth) and receive an approximate bodyweight.
* The “Management” feature compares the bodyweight of a managed individual to the bodyweights of wild dolphins. The user enters the sex, age, length, and girth, and the measured weight. A comparison is made against reference ranges observed in wild dolphins.
The prediction equations in this program were derived from long-term studies of dolphins both in the wild and in professional managed care.
Changed the name of the app to ZooMorphTrak, and updated the logos.
- Chicago Zoological Society
- 22.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Chicago Zoological Society
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.