Top SongsSee All
Music VideosSee All
Artist PlaylistsSee All
Singles & EPsSee All
Appears OnSee All
About Ingrid Michaelson
Singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson plays ukulele, guitar, and piano on thoughtful, sometimes sly folk-pop songs.
• Michaelson acted in theater troupes through middle school and high school and studied theater at SUNY Binghamton in New York, where she also sang in an a cappella group and did improv comedy.
• She recorded her debut LP, 2005’s Slow the Rain, while living on Staten Island in New York and busking in Manhattan subway stations.
• Michaelson received an Emmy nomination in 2020 for her song “Build It Up,” which she wrote for the miniseries Little Fires Everywhere.
• Michaelson has co-written songs with Sara Bareilles, Greg Laswell, and Marshall Altman, with whom she collaborated on “Parachute,” a Top 5 hit in the UK for Cheryl Cole in 2010.
• In July 2017, Michaelson made her Broadway debut in Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812, filling in for an actress who was on leave.
• Michaelson made her film debut with the 2018 comedy Humor Me, appearing alongside Jemaine Clement and Elliott Gould.
- Staten Island, NY
- Dec 8, 1979
Similar ArtistsSee All