100 Facts About Dolphins
Bogdana Vashchenko & Viktor Lyagushkin
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
“100 Facts about Dolphins” is a book dedicated to the most famous dolphin of our planet: bottle-nosed dolphin. Are they smart? Are they kind? Are they really give names to each other? How do they give birth and grow their cubs? How do they master to live in water? How do they hunt, what do they eat?
There are more then 100 the best dolphin photographs and more than 100 the most interesting facts about them.
The Book consists of 5 chapters:
1. “Genesis” tells about the hero of the book and its evolution – where, when and how it comes from.
2. “Dolphin Advanced” is a chapter about adaptation to life in water: how do dolphins dive and swim; how do they breathe, and a lot of other wonderful details;
3. “Love and Routine” is about its sexual behaviour, features of breeding and growing cubs;
4. “Community & Communication” is a chapter about role of sound in the life of dolphins, their social behaviour and hierarchy in the pod, about most important thing in the animals’ life – hunting.
5. “Theory of Mind” is dedicated to issues of dolphin's mind and intelligence.