The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Graduate Edition
Learn to Network. Get a Job.
Nathan A. Perez & Marcia Ballinger, PhD
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
"The best advice I can give on navigating one-on-one networking is to check out The 20-Minute Networking Meeting. Follow their advice and your meeting will be a well-crafted success." -- USA Today College
*WINNER - USA Best Book Award - College Guides
Part of the award-winning 20-Minute Networking Meeting series, the Graduate Edition is a simple, step-by-step guide written expressly for job-seeking grads, whether two-year, four-year, trade school, graduate or doctoral level. This includes anyone that has gone back to school!
Built using the acclaimed The 20-Minute Networking Meeting--Executive Edition networking model lauded by business leaders around the world, the Graduate Edition shows you how to develop the most important career-making skillset in business--networking.
Taking the best elements of the best networkers from a wide array of industries and professions, combined with 40 years of the authors' professional networking experience, the Graduate Edition culminates in a highly productive networking approach from a hiring perspective.
In this book, learn what networking (really) is, and how to:
* Master the 5 most important parts of a networking meeting
* Create a networking agenda
* Construct key questions to lead a discussion
* Write networking emails to people you don't know
* Expand your professional network with more names
* Break into the "Invisible/Hidden Job Market" (where over 70% of all jobs are obtained)
* Make a networking meeting more effective, efficient, and mutually beneficial
* Execute the above (and much more)-- inside of 20 minutes
* Maintain your new network throughout your career!
Chockfull of real-world scenarios, short stories, meeting examples, and dozens of tips and observations from students, hiring authorities and recruiting experts, the Graduate Edition is an end-to-end lesson on job-search networking founded on the premises of gratitude, positivity, and reciprocity.
Specifically constructed to clarify and simplify networking for even the most introverted networker, the Graduate Edition is rounded out with a complete set of readiness worksheets that guide the reader through actual networking preparation, with fully written stories that show the entire The 20-Minute Networking Meeting model in action.
Take control of your job-search - and your career!
Also from Career Innovations Press:
The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Professional Edition
The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Executive Edition
- Level: Grades 16-17
- Category: Careers
- Published: Dec 31, 2014
- Publisher: Career Innovations Press
- Seller: 20-Minute Communications LLC
- Print Length: 208 Pages
- Language: English