The 26 Shotokan-Kata at a Glance
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This manual is suitable for karateka who have mastered the kata and wish to continue to maintain their level. The manual shows clear diagrams and deliberately avoids too many details. It is intended as a reference for the karateka to look up forgotten kata sequences and techniques.
Occasionally, one or the other question comes up during training:
• When is the Kiai required?
• Is the kick performed Jôdan or Chûdan?
• Is the Sanbon principle applicable for the combination?
• Fast or slow execution of moves?
The manual answers all of those questions quickly by providing easy-to-understand diagrams forimmediate application during training.
Note the special feature concerning Ten no Kata: The kata developed by Funakoshi is illustrated with clear diagrams and is therefore easy to understand.
- Category: Sports & Outdoors
- Published: Jun 10, 2013
- Publisher: Fiore Tartaglia
- Seller: Spectra-Verlag
- Print Length: 2 Pages
- Language: English