What The HDL Is Wrong With My Numbers?
Jimmy Moore & Eric C Westman
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Are you confused by what your cholesterol levels really say about your health? Don't you wish someone could just spell it out in simple English and tell you what, if anything, you need to do to improve your heart and overall health? That's precisely what "Cholesterol Clarity" is designed to do. Jimmy Moore, a prolific and highly respected health blogger and podcaster, interviewed 28 of the world's top health experts from various fields to give you the complete lowdown on cholesterol. He and his co-author, family practitioner and researcher Dr. Eric Westman, have broken down this critical information for you to know what is most important and what is not.
Within the pages of this book you'll learn invaluable lessons, including:
- Why your LDL-C and total cholesterol numbers may not be as important in determining your health as your doctor may think
- The undeniable negative role chronic inflammation plays in your health
- Why cholesterol-lowering statin drugs don't necessarily solve your heart health concerns
- Why your doctor should be testing for LDL particles and particle size
- Why HDL and triglycerides are far more predictive of health concerns than LDL-C and total cholesterol
- Why consuming saturated fat is good and why carbohydrates are detrimental to attaining the best cholesterol numbers
- Why there is a growing number of physicians, researchers and nutritionists who believe treating cholesterol numbers is virtually irrelevant.
You won't find this kind of comprehensive, cutting-edge, expert-driven cholesterol information all in one place anywhere else. Did you know, for instance, that you don't have to eat a low-fat diet, take a statin drug, or eat more of the so-called "healthy" whole grains to get your cholesterol levels where they need to be? Learn what really works from the best experts on the subject. "Cholesterol Clarity" will not only tell you what your LDL, HDL, triglycerides, and other key cholesterol markers really mean, but it will arm you with what you can do nutritionally to become as optimally healthy as you can possibly be!
Featured Experts: Dr. William Davis, Dr. Ronald Krauss, Dr. Uffe Ravnskov, Dr. Robert Lustig, Dr. Duane Graveline, Dr. Jonny Bowden, Dr. Chris Masterjohn, Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, Dr. John Briffa, Dr. Thomas Dayspring, Dr. Fred Pescatore, Gary Taubes and over a dozen more!
This book offers a fresh perspective on the cholesterol debate. A must read to truly understand your lab results and what to do about it.
This is a great book about an unclear subject. Get more information about cholesterol from this book and decide for yourself if the drug companies are giving you a helpful drug.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Published: Aug 27, 2013
- Publisher: Victory Belt Publishing
- Seller: Victory Belt Publishing, Inc.
- Print Length: 304 Pages
- Language: English