Air War Europa
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
AIR WAR EUROPA
Follow the great Amerian aerial crusade of World War II over North Africa and Europe. This exhaustive chronology sheds a fascinating light on the course of America’s air war against Germany and her Axis partners.
* The Air War Europa Chronology is a day-by-day accounting of all the major combat
missions undertaken by United States Army Air Forces and United States Navy aviation
units in the European, Mediterranean, and North African theaters of operations in World
* A special introductory narrative explains the crucial evolution of fighter tactics over
western Europe—and how it led to the inexorable defeat of Hitler’s vaunted Luftwaffe.
* All U.S. Army Air Forces theater fighter aces are covered— including unit affiliation,
date and time ace status was attained, and date and time of highest victory tally (over ten).
* Information pertaining to the arrival, activation, transfer, departure, and decommissioning of air commands, combat units, and special units. Comings and goings of the commanders of major aviation units are also covered.
* Provides a rich contextual framework pertaining to related ground campaigns; international and high-command conferences and decisions influencing air strategies and campaigns; and breakthroughs in the development of special techniques and equipment, such as the evolution of the role of escorts and the strategically crucial introduction of fighter auxiliary fuel tanks.
* Bibliography, guide to abbreviations, maps, and two indexes.