Becoming a Supple Leopard
The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance
Kelly Starrett & Glen Cordoza
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Join the movement that has reached millions of athletes and coaches; learn how to perform basic maintenance on your body, unlock your human potential, live pain free... and become a Supple Leopard.
Improve your athletic performance, extend your athletic career, treat body stiffness and achy joints, and rehabilitate injuries-all without having to seek out a coach, doctor, chiropractor, physical therapist, or masseur. In "Becoming a Supple Leopard", Kelly Starrett--founder of MobilityWod.com--shares his revolutionary approach to mobility and maintenance of the human body and teaches you how to hack your own human movement, allowing you to live a healthy, happier, more fulfilling life.
Performance is what drives the human animal, but the human animal can be brought to an abrupt halt by dysfunctional movement patterns. Oftentimes, the factors that impede performance are invisible to not only the untrained eye, but also the majority of athletes and coaches. Becoming a Supple Leopard, makes the invisible visible. In this one of a kind training manual, Starrett maps out a detailed system comprised of more than two hundred techniques and illuminates common movement errors that cause injury and rob you of speed, power, endurance, and strength. Whether you are a professional athlete, a weekend warrior, or simply someone wanting to live healthy and free from restrictions, Becoming a Supple Leopard, will teach you how to maintain your body and harness your genetic potential.
Learn How to:
- prevent and rehabilitate common athletic injuries
- overhaul your movement habits
- quickly identify, diagnose, and fix inefficient movement patterns
- problem solve for pain and dysfunction in austere environments with little equipment
- fix poor mechanics that rob power, bleed force, and dump torque
- unlock reservoirs of athletic capacity you didn't know you had
- identify and fix poor movement patterns in children
- reverse the aging process
- develop strategies that restore function to your joints and tissues
- accelerate recovery after training sessions and competition
- create personalized mobility prescriptions to improve movement efficiency
- improve your quality of life through regained work capacity
- run faster, jump higher, and throw farther.
I have had this one day and have read the first 4 chapters and applied the techniques to my morning workout and killed it. I was an athlete with multiple state titles in wrestling and I have sadly learned I have horrible technique and was burning through my joints. This book is for everyone. It will save you a lot of pain!!!
Buy this book!! This isn't just for elite athletes, it's a common sense approach to dealing with the aches and pains of life. As a professional traveler my hips were locked into a short and tight position from years of sitting in airplanes for hours at a time. Kelly has shown me that not only do I not have to accept this lack of mobility, I can address much of it myself. That is not to say it's easy - it to years to end up this way, it will take time and consistent effort to undo it. Thanks to Kelly I now have some self help tools to make it possible to undo the mess my lifestyle created. Buy the book!!!
Pure gold !
I'm at page 70 and I've already highlighted every second sentence or so. Amazing knowledge. Everybody should have it, read it and use the knowledge !
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Published: Apr 30, 2013
- Publisher: Victory Belt Publishing
- Seller: Victory Belt Publishing, Inc.
- Print Length: 400 Pages
- Language: English