The Best 377 Colleges, 2013 Edition (Enhanced Edition)
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iPad, and with iTunes on your computer. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iPad. Books with interactive features may work best on an iPad.
The most popular college guide, now available as an enhanced iBooks Author edition eBook with videos, hundreds of color photos, an interactive activity, infographics, and much more!
Written for students or parents mystified by the confusing college admissions process, The Best 377 Colleges provides the facts and information needed to make a smart decision about which of the country’s best schools to consider. Optimized for digital reading with easy, linked navigation for effortless viewing, the iBooks Author edition of The Best 377 Colleges features:
· VIBRANT FULL-COLOR PROFILES of the nation’s 377 top undergraduate institutions, created with iBooks Author for an immersive, multi-touch eBook experience
· BRAND NEW, EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS with advice on admissions, financial aid, finding a “best fit” college, and taking standardized tests
· AN INTERACTIVE ACTIVITY to help students get started on their college search
· COLOR PHOTOGRAPH GALLERIES of over 300 of the schools featured
· INFOGRAPHICS that pop out to present important information on academics, campus life, selectivity, and financial facts for each school
· DETAILED ADMISSIONS INFORMATION that gives tuition, application criteria, deadlines, student-to-faculty ratios, graduation rates, and the most popular majors
· DIRECT QUOTES FROM STUDENTS that give insight into each school’s unique character, classes, financial aid, social scenes, and more
· ONE-OF-A-KIND RANKING LISTS that reveal the top 20 colleges in 62 categories based on how students rated their school’s dorms, professors, food, athletic facilities, and financial aid
· BONUS FEATURES like the “150 Best Value Colleges List,” plus unique ratings with all 377 schools scored on Financial Aid, Quality of Life, Fire Safety, Green Ratings, and more!
“The offbeat indexes, along with the chattily written descriptions of each school, provide a colorful picture of each campus.”–The New York Times
“The most efficient of the college guidebooks. Has entertaining profiles larded with quotes from students.”–Rolling Stone
“A great book…it’s a bargain.” –CNN
“Our favorite college guidebook.” –Seventeen
“Provides the kind of feedback students would get from other students in a campus visit.” –USA Today
Awesome - super helpful
This is super helpful for ,y teenager. Like the photos and the price !
- Category: Study Aids
- Published:Aug 21, 2012
- Publisher: Random House Children's Books
- Seller: Random House, LLC
- Print Length: 864 Pages
- Language: English