Best California Trips
Chapter from USA’s Best Trips, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and Wine Country
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times
9 of California’s Best Trips
Whether you’re a local looking for a long weekend escape, or a visitor looking to explore, Lonely Planet’s Trips series offers the best itineraries – and makes it easy to plan the perfect trip time and again.
Everyone knows road-tripping is the ultimate way to experience the USA. You can drive up, down, across, around or straight through every state on the continental map. We’re here to help you narrow down the options. Whether you’re on a quest for that perfect Pacific Northwest microbrewery pint, fresh lobster right off the boat in Maine or the coolest classic all-night diners in New Jersey, we’ve got you covered. Our authors drove, paddled, walked, cycled, rode the rails and hopped buses all across the country to bring you their 99 favorite trips across the US.
This eBook-only offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips, which includes 99 themed itineraries across America. The 9 trips chosen for this eBook include:
- • 48 Hours in Los Angeles
- • Retro-Modern Palm Springs
- • A Wild Ride in the Parks
- • Life in Death Valley
- • 48 Hours in San Francisco
- • Alice Waters’ Culinary Tour
- • Tree Time in Sequoia & Kings Canyon
- • California’s Other Wine Countries
- • All Aboard Amtrak
- • Easy-to-use maps for every trip, plus driving times and directions
- • Theme icons make finding the perfect trip simple – no matter what your interest
- • Local experts share their favorite trip ideas
Check out Lonely Planet’s other eBook guides including USA’s Best Trips, Best Pacific Northwest Trips, Southwest USA’s Best Trips, Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California and more.
- Category: Specialty Travel
- Published:Nov 19, 2011
- Publisher: Lonely Planet
- Seller: Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- Print Length: 30 Pages
- Language: English