Business Driven PMO Setup
Practical Insights, Techniques and Case Examples for Ensuring Success
Mark Price Perry
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
“Business Driven PMO Setup is the most practical book available on this often confusing subject. Use it as you set up a new PMO or revitalize an existing one. Each chapter will get you laser-focused on what’s really important. In today’s competitive environment, that’s the ONLY way to get it right.”
—Dave Garrett, PMO 2.0 Visionary and CEO of gantthead.com
About the Item:
Most PMO books are written by academics, trainers and consultants from the PM community and present academic or theoretical approaches and models that too often fail. The more sophisticated books tend to be limited in application to the larger or more advanced project management organizations. This unique reference presents new material not available in other books that is applicable to PMOs of all shapes and sizes. It challenges and calls into question various traditional approaches and strategies for the PMO citing examples and explaining when and why such academic and theoretical approaches are wrong.
Business Driven PMO Setup was written by over 20 contributing authors that are veteran line executives who either directly manage PMOs, have PMOs reporting to them, or are subject matter experts that service them. These veterans with centuries of business acumen managing both US and foreign companies, divisions, and departments provide valuable insights into ensuring the PMO is setup correctly and remains focused on meeting the needs of the business for which the PMO was created to serve.
• --Shows how to setup a business driven PMO using an extensively proven roadmap adaptable to any type or size of organization that consists of Vision, Processes, Training, Tools, Organization, and Assessment
• --Delivers the key tips, tools, and techniques that enable a PMO to achieve success
• --Offers practical insights supported by real case examples beneficial to PMOs of all shapes and sizes
• --Provides a unique discussion of “Lines of Business PMOs” which can be of tremendous value to organizations
• --Presents a first-hand discussion of the development of PMI’s Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)® and demonstrates, using real examples, that through the implementation of OPM3®, organizations can design their PMOs to fit the organizations those PMO’s serve, focusing on the integrated agenda of building process capability while orchestrating a culture transformation
About the Author:
Mark Price Perry is a subject matter expert in the practical application of project portfolio management (PPM), collaboration platforms, and PMO content assets. Over the past 10 years, he has become a widely recognized expert in PMO setup as Senior Vice President of Operations at BOT International. Mark has been author of BOT International’s “PMO Tips of the Week column” for the past 7 years, sharing experience-based practical insights as a service to thousands of project management professional subscribers. Mr. Perry is a distinguished contributor at Gantthead.com, the leading online professional site for the project management community, and the author of the Gantthead.com blog, “PMO Setup T3 - Tips, Tools, and Techniques.” Mark Perry is also the host of “The PMO Podcast”, the leading podcast for PMOs of all shapes and sizes, and a sought after speaker.