Casablanca: Inside the Script
The Editors of Warner Bros. Digital Publishing
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This highly illustrated eBook features the complete shooting script of Casablanca along with 12 elegantly designed chapters about the making of the film and its impact on the world, giving movie lovers a whole new way to explore and discover the most beloved screen romance of all time.
Warner Bros. Digital Publishing is pleased to present the premiere of our Inside the Script series with Casablanca: Inside the Script — the debut of a whole new way to enjoy your favorite films. Follow the entire cinematic journey that saw a play called Everybody Comes to Rick's blossom into one of the most iconic and influential films ever to grace the silver screen, one that bears repeated viewing by the whole family. This eBook stands alone as a one-of-a-kind immersive experience and makes a perfect digital companion to the stunning, new Casablanca 70th Anniversary Edition box set, now available on Blu-ray™ and DVD.
Every volume in the Inside the Script series offers sophisticated design and formatting not usually seen in eBooks. Zoom in on high-resolution images and examine every detail. Customize your reading experience using internal links that instantly take you from scene to stills, from act to analysis, from dialogue to production memos. Use the Image Catalog to locate any picture in the book. Here's looking at you, kid!
Casablanca: Inside the Script includes:
- The complete, authentically formatted shooting script for Casablanca, in a new, customizable eBook format.
- 12 chapters of essays that accompany the script, placing it and the film in their historical context, telling the story of the production and exploring the scriptwriting process.
- The origin of some of the film's most memorable lines and sequences.
- Treasures from the Warner Bros. Archive, including reproductions of rare historical documents, many never before seen. Highlights include studio chief Jack Warner's memos and producer Hal Wallis's production notes.
- Photo galleries with 123 zoomable, high-resolution images of costumes, on-set stills, movie posters and behind-the-scenes action.
- Glossaries of historical and film terms.
- Production timeline.
Perfect for any real fan of the film.
- Category: Performing Arts
- Published: Apr 30, 2012
- Publisher: Warner Brothers Digital Distribution
- Seller: Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
- Print Length: 187 Pages
- Language: English