Words of Comfort
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Reinforcing the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and Celebrations.com philosophy of helping customers express, connect, and celebrate, Jim McCann balances the practical with the poignant inside Celebrating Life. More than just a collection of sympathetic sentiments, Celebrating Life serves as a catalyst for sharing profound affection, appreciation, grief, and love for someone who has died.
This inspirational gift book of sympathy is perfect for quiet moments of reflection or for sharing at memorials, anniversaries, funerals, wakes, and other special occasions that pay tribute to the life of a loved one. Full-color drawings illustrate the book throughout and are interspersed with meaningful quotes and heartfelt reflections on saying goodbye, healing, remembering, and celebrating life. Divided into four sections, Celebrating Life features 120 entries, including:
* Saying Goodbye: The gods conceal from men the happiness of death, that they may endure life. --Lucan
* Healing: What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. --Albert Pike
* When We Meet Again... : Is death the last sleep? No, it is the last--and final--awakening. --Sir Walter Scott
* Reflecting and Rituals: Death is the most beautiful adventure in life. --Charles Frohman
- Category: Social Science
- Published:May 10, 2011
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC
- Seller: Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC
- Print Length: 80 Pages
- Language: English