Chair Yoga Training Manual
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Did you know that the sr. population is the fastest growing age group in the US?
One baby boomer turns 50 every eight seconds! Chair Yoga is a way to ‘Sit Your Way to Better Health’.
Chair yoga’s therapeutic adaptive exercises work your body from head to toe. The simple and easy movements are great for people in any condition, to do anytime and anywhere. Chair Yoga promotes well being through breathing correctly and stretching in ways that will open up your body on the path to peace.
According to the Mayo Clinic, “Chair Yoga poses can help seniors and people with chronic pain improve their quality of life, lower their blood pressure, improve their sleep patterns and manage depression.”
Chair yoga is an adaptive exercise program to promote well being through breathing correctly and stretching in ways that will open up the body. Yoga relaxes your body and mind, improves your musculoskeletal fitness and flexibility, and elevates your overall health and well-being.
By using the chair in yoga you can:
· Bend and Twist with a stable base
· Lift Your Lower Body while using support
· Create strength, flexibility and release stress while using a handy prop
Chair Yoga is a modified way of approaching the yoga asanas so that people with health issues or restrictions can reap the benefits of a more traditional Hatha yoga practice. There is a huge emphasis on breathing, balance and taking things at your own pace.
Yoga can reduce:
· High blood pressure and anxiety.
· Alleviate symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, depression and chronic pain.
In this book learn:
1. Brief Introduction to Yoga and Why Do Chair Yoga
2. Benefits of Breathing
3. Chair Yoga Full Hour Sequence
a. Invoking the Breath
b. Wrist Exercises
c. Neck And Shoulder Stretches
d. Low Back Stretches
e. Hips And Hamstring Stretches
f. Standing Poses For Balance And Strength
g. Relaxation / Visualization
4. Chair Yoga Full Hour 1/2 Hour Sequence
5. 15 Minute Desk Yoga Break – Perk-Up
6. 15 Minute Desk Yoga Break – Calm Down
7. 15 Minute Relaxation Tool for Visualization