A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
The revised edition of the bestselling ChiRunning, a groundbreaking program from ultra-marathoner and nationally-known coach Danny Dreyer, that teaches you how to run faster and farther with less effort, and to prevent and heal injuries for runners of any age or fitness level.
In ChiRunning, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, provide powerful insight that transforms running from a high-injury sport to a body-friendly, injury-free fitness phenomenon. ChiRunning employs the deep power reserves in the core muscles, an approach found in disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, and T’ai Chi.
ChiRunning enables you to develop a personalized exercise program by blending running with the powerful mind-body principles of T’ai Chi:
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and reduce your potential for injury while running, and make knee pain and shin splints a thing of the past.
2. Engage your core. Shift the workload from your leg muscles to your core muscles, for efficiency and speed.
3. Add relaxation to your running. Learn to focus your mind and relax your body to increase speed and distance.
4. Make it a Mindful Practice. Maintain high performance and make running a mindful, enjoyable life-long practice.
5. It’s easy to learn. Transform your running with the ten-step ChiRunning training program.
i read danny's book a few years ago -- i loved it. it gave me hope to get over my old running injuries. the mechanics of his running technique make such good sense. i highly recommend this book if you are trying to rehab an old injury, want to run more efficiently, just starting to run and want to do it the right way or just LOVE running. thank you danny.
Book vs. iPhone version
I haven't seen the book yet, but are there lots of illustrations that I'll miss out on because I'm reading this on the iPhone? Just wondering if I should buy the book instead...
I was recommended this book by a running store because i have a bad knee. Since i have begun practicing these methods, i run farther and little to no recovery. My knee doesn't hurt due to running anymore