Fitness Walking for Lifelong Health and Energy
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
From the authors of the bestselling ChiRunning comes a revolutionary program that blends the health benefits of walking with the core principles of T’ai Chi to deliver maximum physical, mental, and spiritual fitness.
The low-impact health benefits of walking have made it one of the most popular forms of daily exercise. Yet few people experience all the benefits that walking can offer.
In ChiWalking, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, teach the walking technique they created that transforms walking from a mundane means of locomotion into an intensely rewarding practice that enhances mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Similar to Pilates, yoga, and T’ai Chi, ChiWalking emphasizes body alignment and mindfulness while strengthening the core muscles of the body.
The five mindful steps of the ChiWalking program will get anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability, into great shape from head to toe, inside and out.
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and better balance.
2. Engage your core. Make back and knee pain disappear.
3. Create balance. Walk faster, farther, and with less effort.
4. Make a choice. Choose from a menu of twelve great walks such as the Cardio Walk, the Energizing Walk, or the Walking Meditation, to keep your exercise program fresh.
5. Move forward. Make walking any distance a mindful, enjoyable experience, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned walker.
improve your walking/running
a must read if you love to walk or run. the physics of chi walking/running just make sense. this technique really does reduce injuries ,stops the re-occurance of old injuries and improves your p.r. times.