How Leaders Avoid the Traps, Build Common Ground, and Reap Big Results
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
In Collaboration, author Morten Hansen takes aim at what many leaders inherently know: in today's competitive environment, companywide collaboration is an imperative for successful strategy execution, yet the sought-after synergies are rarely, if ever, realized. In fact, most cross-unit collaborative efforts end up wasting time, money, and resources. How can managers avoid the costly traps of collaboration and instead start getting the results they need?
In this book, Hansen shows managers how to get collaboration right through "disciplined collaboration"-- a practical framework and set of tools managers can use to:
· Assess when--and when not--to pursue collaboration across units to achieve goals
· Identify and overcome the four barriers to collaboration
· Get people to buy into the larger picture, even when they own only a small piece of it
· Be a "T-Shaped Manager," collaborating across divisions while still working deeply in your own unit
· Create networks across the organization that are not large, but nimble and effective
Based on the author's long-running research, in-depth case studies, and company interviews, Collaboration delivers practical advice and tools to help your organization collaborate--for real results.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Management & Leadership
- Published: May 12, 2009
- Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
- Seller: The Perseus Books Group, LLC
- Print Length: 272 Pages
- Language: English