Color Management and Print Prep in Photoshop CS6 for Windows
Setting up devices and files for color matching
Lisa A. Bucki
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Color management can be an intimidating subject for anyone who’s new to working with graphics and professional printing. Achieving the perfect match between onscreen and printed colors every time mixes a good deal of art with science.
Photoshop includes tools to improve color matching, and Color Management and Print Prep in Photoshop CS6 for Windows gives you a solid introduction to the color management fundamentals to use those tools effectively.
In this book, you’ll learn the technical basics for better color output and how to set up Photoshop CS6 for Windows with appropriate settings for working in color.
Tasks You’ll Learn
• Understand color management and workflow
• Understand working spaces and profiles
• Change the working space
• Proof colors onscreen
• Find out of gamut colors
• Understand file formats and output to PDF
• Set color management policies
• Assign a color profile to a file
• Convert a file to another mode and profile
• Use the Photoshop Print Settings dialog box
• Print a single copy
• Learn about printer’s marks
• Create a proof
• Learn about PMS colors
• Create duotones and spot colors
What's New in Version 1.1
Adjusted formatting of numbered steps.