The Complete Guide to Getting Published
An Author-to-Author Guide to Selling Your Novel to a Major Publisher
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
If you dream of selling your novel to a major publisher, then this is the book for you!
Jessica Brody—international bestselling author of more than ten novels—shares her secrets of success in this comprehensive step-by-step guide to writing, pitching, and selling your novel.
In this one-of-a-kind book you will learn:
• The four key methods of effectively “pitching” your novel
• How to write a query letter that will have agents begging to read your manuscript
• The six tools for finding the perfect agent to represent your work
• The Magic Query Maximizer—Jessica’s unique proven method for maximizing responses from agents
• And everything you need to know about selling your novel!
But this informative author-to-author guide doesn’t stop when you land a book deal. Jessica will also walk you through:
• Navigating your first book contract
• The journey from signature to publication
• The complex and exciting world of foreign and film rights
• Understanding advances, royalties, and other book-related income
• Marketing your novel like a pro
• And so much more!
With ten book contracts to date, eight film options, and over thirty-five foreign rights deals in more than twenty countries, Jessica Brody packs over eleven years of publishing industry experience into one easy-to-follow handbook that is a must-have for every author.
“Because of Jessica’s help, I now have an agent and my first book deal.”
-bt gottfred, author of Forever for a Year (sold to Henry Holt Children’s/Macmillan)
“There is a lot of information out there, but I needed one reliable resource to take me through the entire process — from pitching to signing to selling. When it came time to query agents, it was Brody’s research techniques and the Magic Query Maximizer system that landed me my “Top Choice” literary agent. The Complete Guide to Getting Published is the complete package. And as proof, my debut novel sold shortly after reading this book.”
-Ara Grigorian, author of Game of Love (sold to Curiosity Quills Press)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
In 2005, Jessica Brody quit her job as a financial analyst to follow her life-long dream of becoming a published author. Since then, she has sold ten novels to major publishers including The Karma Club, 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, and the Unremembered trilogy, which is currently in development as a major motion picture. Her novels have been translated and published in over twenty languages. She lives with her husband and four dogs and splits her time between California and Colorado.