Creating Meaningful Websites
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
What is it that makes a website stand out from the crowd? What makes it memorable and meaningful? This eBook wants to approach these questions. It's in no means a step-by-step guide to follow, but rather a collection of thoughts to give you some general impulses and perspectives on creating meaningful websites.
Starting with a comprehensive website planning guide to the question, "Which role does emotion play within the emotionless Web system?", our Smashing authors explored a variety of different aspects that all contribute to aesthetically beautiful and thoroughly thought-out user experience.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A Comprehensive Website Planning Guide
- A Fun Approach To Creating More Successful Websites
- Defending The Generalists In The Web Design Industry
- Breaking Down Silos, Part 1: The Consequences Of Working In Isolation
- MUD: Minimum Usable Design
- A Craft Of Consequences: Reader, Writer And Emotional Design
- Easier Is Better Than Better
- Designing Engaging And Enjoyable Long-Form Reading Experiences
- Symptoms Of An Epidemic: Web Design Trends