The Complete Guide to Safe and Enjoyable Cycling for Adults and Children
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Cyclecraft is the definitive guide to safe and enjoyable cycling for both adults and children. Whether you are new to cycling, looking to extend your skills or wanting to know how best to teach your children to cycle, Cyclecraft offers practical advice on how to ride a bike confidently and safely in modern traffic conditions.
• how to get started, with special advice for parents
• choosing a bike and setting it up
• basic skills, such as balancing, steering and gear-changing
• how to share the roads and integrate with traffic
• advanced techniques for cycling safely on busier roads with faster traffic
• advice on carrying children and goods and riding with others.
Cyclecraft is closely associated with Bikeability, the National Cycle Training Standard, for which it is the recommended course book and required reading by cycle training instructors. This latest edition of Cyclecraft has been revised and extended to reflect experience gained through implementation of the national standard.
- Category: Sports & Outdoors
- Published: Jun 23, 2014
- Publisher: The Stationery Office Ltd
- Seller: Directebooks Ltd
- Print Length: 292 Pages
- Language: English