Dangerous Beauty: Stories from the Wilds Of Yellowstone
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Explore one of the world’s most dangerous and bizarre landscapes alongside an extraordinary team of wildlife photographers, scientists, wilderness guides, rangers, and professional trackers.
This book contains nearly 100 real-life experiences from a wide variety of experts who share their hard-won wisdom from decades of adventures in the unique landscape of the Yellowstone.
You’ll laugh out loud, cringe, and cry at the funny, scary, and touching true stories about unexpectedly encountering angry grizzly bears or stampeding bison, accidentally camping out for a week or two in -70°F temperatures, and much more.
Learn from the comic and tragic mistakes of visitors who did all the wrong things when encountering the furry, famous, and ferocious icons of Yellowstone.
Find out what it’s like to
· confront grizzlies, buffalo, elk, moose, and wolves in the wild
· start a snowball fight with a bison
· cross a thermal basin in the dark while trying not to fall into a deadly hot spring
· get accidentally steamed by a geyser
· cower on a bald mountaintop during a lightning storm
· struggle to survive a cold, wet night above 10,000’, alone, with a broken femur, hoping to be discovered by rescuers
Sandy Sisti is an award-wining wildlife photographer whose Yellowstone imagery is displayed in the Smithsonian.
Carolyn Jourdan is a 6-Time Top-10 in the USA Wall Street Journal and Audible best-selling author of wildlife biography and medical memoir.
Some good stories but ...
I enjoyed some of the stories. There was little coherence to them from one to another although they were organized in sections. My biggest concern was the editing. The copy edit errors got in the way of the message.