Day One: Deploying SRX Series Services Gateways
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Find out what Junos® can do running a security device. The SRX devices are super- charged firewalls fortified with routing and switching capabilities. So get ready be- cause working on the SRX Series combines powerful Junos networking with a potent set of new security services. This book shows you how to get started: how to console to your SRX device, perform initial configuration, and deploy your new box in a matter of hours. There’s no theory, no workarounds, no chatty diversions. Let’s get going.
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
- Understand the different ways to manage the SRX Series Services Gateways.
- Console to a SRX device for the first time and start the initial boot process.
- Review operational and configuration modes. n Review interfaces, security zones, and security policies.
- Configure basic IP connectivity and elements to enable remote access.
- Configure basic static routing. n Upgrade the firmware of the SRX device.
- Configure different levels of local administration and external administrators.
- Configure additional network and system management resources.
- Write basic security policies. n Configure different NAT source scenarios.
- Import the SRX devices into NSM. n Enable different logging and troubleshooting tools.
Juniper Networks Day One books provide just the information you need to know on day one. That’s because they are written by subject matter experts who specialize in getting networks up and running. Visit www.juniper.net/dayone to peruse the complete library.
Published by Juniper Networks Books