Day One: Exploring Junos CLI
Cathy Gadecki & Michael Scruggs
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This book is for first-time users of the Junos operating system and Juniper Networks products. It not only lays the foundation for learning Junos, it also facilitates understand- ing of subsequent books that appear in the Day One series.
The Junos CLI provides you with new tools, shortcuts, and safeguards. Learn about these new features and save yourself hours at the keyboard. The practical Day One format offers straightforward explanations, step-by-step instructions, and lots of examples. And, the Try It Yourself sections let you practice what you just read.
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
- Navigate the CLI’s operational mode and configuration mode.
- Understand the hierarchies that underlie each mode.
- Get onboard help and use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your work.
- Show device status, alarms, and other helpful information in operational mode.
- Modify, save, and load configuration files with minimal risk to operations.
- Use basic configuration mode commands such as show, set, and delete. - Prepare system changes in advance. n Use the shortcuts and tips of experienced users and avoid common problems.