Essays on roleplaying games and storytelling
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Some people play roleplaying-games for the challenge; others play them for the story.
Award-winning fantasy author and freelance game writer Marie Brennan is unabashedly in the latter camp. In these essays she looks at tabletop and live-action RPGs from a narrative perspective, exploring the ways the framework of a game can generate and support (or undermine) your tale.
Whether you are a player or a game master, DICE TALES offers insights on every facet of RPG storytelling, including:
* generating characters with rich narrative potential
* scaling plot as PCs become more powerful
* managing the interaction between rules and roleplay
* campaign planning at different stages
* the social dynamics of collaborative creation
* and more!
- Category: Crafts & Hobbies
- Published: Jul 18, 2017
- Publisher: Book View Cafe
- Seller: Bryn Neuenschwander
- Print Length: 150 Pages
- Language: English