A Station Seventeen Engine Novel
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Ian Gamble has a past he’d rather forget—which is exactly what he’s doing at The Crooked Angel Bar and Grill when the place catches fire. Between his active duty in the Marines and his experience as a firefighter, his instincts get him and hot, headstrong bar manager, Kennedy Matthews, to safety. But those same instincts kick into high gear when the fire is ruled an arson, and he discovers Kennedy’s got secrets of her own.
The only thing that matters more to Kennedy than her bar is her brother. When she finds out he’s in over his head with a dangerous arsonist, she’ll do anything to keep him safe—even if it means teaming up with Gamble, who’s too sharp-eyed and hard-bodied for his own good. With every step, their attraction flares hotter and the risks grow more dangerous. Can Gamble and Kennedy face their fears—and their secrets—to catch a terrifying enemy? Or will they go down in flames?
A fiery suspenseful scorcher
A fiery suspenseful read, Kimberly Kincaid scorches the pages with Kennedy and Gamble's story.
This shows the ties that bind and just how easily combustible they can become when twisted just so.
You get the full gambit of emotions on a ride that starts with his annual observance of the day he was the only member of his team to return from a watch while deployed and Not getting the whole marriage thing.
Things shoot upward when a patron of Kennedy's bar gets a little overly aggressive the further into his cup he gets. Her years growing up on the rough side of town kick in and she quickly shows him he's about as tough as his hipster pants.
But not before Gamble witnesses it just as he's readying to walk home. He sticks around just in case and she puts him to work helping close up. Just when they get revved up in the pantry, the dumpster behind the building blows and puts them and the bar in jeopardy.
When Kennedy's little brother turns up the next morning after a year or so of silence, the ride ratchets up the next windy incline. Seems little brother know something... about the fire but isn't talking. Always his protector, big sister bear jumps in, sure there's more to it; defending him to Gamble.
They plummet down again, only to rocket to the next plateau, working together to find out more before Gamble turns him in to the cops. They ply a lady selling tricks with a bit of cash to help locate lil bro. That's downright funny.
Turns out. Xander has gotten himself mixed up with a serial arsonist, who threatens his life if he tries to back out of the plan to torch some building as part of a job. But the artistry of the flame and path of destruction consume him, what are a few casualties here and there. That just feeds his desires for more sooner.
This rollercoaster of suspense peaks as the arsonist's plan and need to claim past conflagrations become known, and the race is on to stop him before anyone else gets hurt or killed.
These characters learn to trust and lean on one another, and themselves. They overcome their past and learn to live not just today but to look forward to the future.
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
This red-hot read, the latest in the Station Seventeen series, is hands down my favorite Kimberly Kincaid firefighter read! I enjoyed and reviewed each of the other full length books and novellas about the men and women of both the Remington FD and 33rd precinct. Below are my observations on what makes this one stand out for me.
1) Lt. Ian Gamble. I was drawn to Gamble right away, because who can resist a damaged hero. I could feel his pain as he sat at the bar and tried to get through yet another painful anniversary. He holds his feelings close to his chest, but this stoic hunk just made my heart melt and my arms long to hold him.
2) Kennedy Matthews. A tough nut to crack herself, she pulled herself across the wrong side of the tracks and made herself a home as The Crooked Angel’s manager. Although friends with many of the cops and firefighters who come into her bar, There’s something about Gamble that speaks to her soul, too. Smart lady!
3) Old friends show up, as usual, in most series books. But this time, they seemed to fade more into the background (for me, anyway) and that allowed me to concentrate more on Gamble and Kennedy’s relationship. I like to see them, but there was no wedding/engagement/baby news from previous couples to distract for this couple.
4) The pacing was spot on. Not rushed, but not dragged out, either. Kincaid didn’t make me wait long for that first kiss, our couple’s first sexy times or for the reveal of both the bad guy and his nefarious plot. At no time did the storyline have me check my kindle for that handy percentage bar at the bottom. I was invested from start to finish.
Whether this is your first Station Seventeen book or your latest, enjoy the superb pairing of Kennedy & Gamble and the storytelling of Kimberly Kincaid.
Worth the wait!!!
Worth the wait!! This book is sooooo good! Gamble and Kennedy's story is intense, suspenseful, steamy and exciting! I loved how the story unfolded! Nothing was rushed and getting to know Gamble & Kennedy's backgrounds was so interesting! I couldn't get enough of this story! From the first page to the last it never disappointed!!
- Category: Suspense
- Published: Jun 18, 2018
- Publisher: Kimberly Kincaid Romance
- Seller: Kimberly Kincaid Romance LLC
- Print Length: 428 Pages
- Language: English