The Stupidest Mistakes Ever Made
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
A book that proves idiocy is as old as time
Think civilization has deteriorated and that people these days are dumber than ever? Dumb History proves that we didn’t invent stupidity in the 21st century. You’ll find facts from throughout the ages about everyone from Cleopatra and Napoleon to Elvis Presley and even NASA scientists.
• In 820 C.E., Emperor Hsien Tsung’s herbalist presented him with an anti-aging elixir—it killed him
• In 1849, Brooklyn inventor Walter Hunt invented and patented the safety pin and then sold all the rights to his invention for $400. By the time he died penniless, the United States was producing an estimated five billion safety pins annually
• In 1967, voters in the town of Picoaza, Ecuador, elected a brand of foot powder as their new mayor
It’s a wonder we’ve survived as long as we have.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Category: Humor
- Published: May 29, 2012
- Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
- Print Length: 256 Pages
- Language: English