Emotional Intelligence For Dummies
Steven J. Stein
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Being aware of and in control of your emotions is one of the keys to success in life -- both professionally and personally. Emotional Intelligence For Dummies will show you how to take control of your emotions rather than letting your emotions control you! Discover how developing your emotional intelligence can further your relationships with others, in the workplace and at home. Emotional awareness is also a critical skill for career success, and Dr. Stein provides practical exercises for developing this skill and achieving your professional and personal goals. He also provides valuable insights into how emotional intelligence can be applied to raising children and teenagers and realizing personal happiness. Full of lively anecdotes and practical advice, Emotional Intelligence For Dummies is the ideal book for anyone who wants to get smart about their feelings and reach the next level at work and at home.
- Manage your emotions - identify your feelings, determine what beliefs cause negative emotions, and stop self-destructive behaviors
- Discover the power of empathy - read other people's emotions through facial cues and body language and show them you understand their feelings
- Thrive at work - find a job that's right for you, overcome hassles and fears, and develop your leadership skills
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships - discover how to take your partner's emotional temperature and manage emotions to grow closer
- Raise an emotionally intelligent child - keep your cool with your child, coax shy children out of their shells, and get your child to be less aggressive and defiant
- Category: Management & Leadership
- Published:Jul 15, 2009
- Publisher: Wiley
- Seller: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Print Length: 360 Pages
- Language: English